Fps Drop

I am using a laptop with Windows 11, Core i7 13700h, 64 gb ddr4 3200 mhz ram, 2 tb kingston m2 ssd and rtx4060 140 watt graphics card. I'm having fps drop problem 4-5 minutes after starting to play dcs world open beta acio. When the fps is around 170, it suddenly drops to 20 and the game freezes for 1-2 seconds. That's why I'm going to a lot of places on the server. Your graphics level is the same even at high and low. I didn't have this problem on Rtx 3060- i7 11800h laptop. Dcs world m-t.exe has the same problem. Is there a solution to this?

Hi. The last OB update introduced a freeze issue to some, especially to Intel CPU users. Try disabling Hyperthreading in your BIOS and see if it solves your issue. It worked for some.

This is, of course, a workaround. I'm hoping this issue will soon be fixed, but I have no news to share at the moment.

---

7 hours ago, Oguz said:

I just downloaded normal dcs world and it has the same problem, although not as much as open beta.

OK, then it must be something else that is bothering you.

Please reproduce the problem, then attach the following files:

• dcs.log (from Saved Games/DCS.../Logs)
  • dxdiag.log (how to make one)
  • Export.lua (from Saved Games/DCS.../Export.lua)

---

Yep considerable stuttering issues introduced  in MT for me using VR since the last patch. Disabling HT definitely improved the situation but I have observed that VR performance in the Single thread executable is much better than MT as it stands at the moment. I'm back using the ST executable until they fix it 

CPU 12700 K

GPU 4090

Samsung SSD  

• Like 1

• ED Team
1 hour ago, richskinns said:

Yep considerable stuttering issues introduced  in MT for me using VR since the last patch. Disabling HT definitely improved the situation but I have observed that VR performance in the Single thread executable is much better than MT as it stands at the moment. I'm back using the ST executable until they fix it 

CPU 12700 K

GPU 4090

Samsung SSD  

55 minutes ago, dutchili said:

+1

Would nice if the next OB is actually tested before release. How can you miss stutters like this, the previous load time issue, radar issues making a2a nearly impossible. 'Beta' used to mean there are no obvious issues anymore.

Hi, 

try to understand it is not always possible to see every issue in testing, there are so many setups and configs out there it isnt always possible even for the huge team of volunteer testers we have with various setups. 

As an example my setup is below in my signature, I am not seeing the issue on my rig. 

This is why we have the open beta to get feedback from end users in a public testing build. 

As mentioned above by Flappie if you are seeing an issue attach your dcs log and dxdiag it is the only way to be helpful with diagnoses of issues. Any other comments are not helpful in a bug report. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, PIMAX Crystal