F10 Theater Map not displaying in SP, Open Beta MT

LeCuvier
Go to solution Solved by LeCuvier,

Since the last update, the F10 map no longer displays at all. I have normally set it to "All", but I also tried the other options like "Map only", "Own aircraft only" etc.
I excluded override from mission settings.
I disabled all modifications
I tried with 5 different aircraft modules
I ran a repair (slow)

The F10 map just won't display. Track attached.
I'd be grateful for any helpful suggestion.

F10 Theater Map Fail.trk

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• Solution

In fact, the "F10 View Options" under Gameplay was set to All.
But there is a related option "F10 AWACS View" in the MISC tab which I had forgotten because I set it to TRUE a long time ago. And this is one of the many options the last update had changed. I have now set it TRUE and the F10 view now works.

These two options should be side by side on the same tab.
And Updates should not make a mess of our option settings.

I do not expect ED to follow my advice, and I will need to work out a solution that captures my Options settings and allows me to restore everything ED's faulty process has messed up.

• Like 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

No idea why your settings changed. It did not happen on my end (and we would know by now if it had happened to a lot of users with the latest update).

Make a backup of your options.lua file, please, so the next time it happens to you, I can use your file and try to reproduce the issue on my PC.

---