Custom views to look at MFDs?

The_Chugster

What you’re looking for is how to set up custom Snapviews. Google DCS Snapviews and you’ll have the info you need for setting them up for yourself.

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so ive managed to set up some custom snap views but is there are way to make them stay in the view without holding the button? Like a toggle?

Only its a bit useless if you are trying to manipulate the screen while keeping the snap view button pressed (mine is on the same hand as my mouse)

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2023 at 3:57 PM, The_Chugster said:

Anyone?

Apologies! I forgot to answer this. I did some research, because I remembered that from a few years back that this is possible. At least if you have VoiceAttack. But I watched the YTs while I wasn't home. So I totally forgot about it. Do you have VoiceAttack? 

Cheers! 

On 9/3/2023 at 1:35 PM, MAXsenna said:

Apologies! I forgot to answer this. I did some research, because I remembered that from a few years back that this is possible. At least if you have VoiceAttack. But I watched the YTs while I wasn't home. So I totally forgot about it. Do you have VoiceAttack? 

Cheers! 

No i dont, its a shame you just cant set views to a toggle or hold depending on your needs

No i dont, its a shame you just cant set views to a toggle or hold depending on your needs
My point was actually, if you look at those videos, it should be possible, because VoiceAttack is just pressing keystrokes in any case.
And, there is a way I remember now, but that needs lua editing if I'm not mistaken. Cannot find the thread again, so I'm calling on @Rudel_chw, do you remember that thread?

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

so I'm calling on @Rudel_chw, do you remember that thread?

No, sorry, I don't know anyway to do this without using some kind of macro facility, like you do with Voice Attack, and I do with my HOTAS software, this is a demo on how this macro use looks on my DCS:

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

No, sorry, I don't know anyway to do this without using some kind of macro facility, like you do with Voice Attack, and I do with my HOTAS software, this is a demo on how this macro use looks on my DCS:

Right, thanks for answering. I might be remembering incorrectly. I was so sure this guy edited some file that when I pressed a snapview button in his Hotas, the view was held, and when he pressed it again, the view "centered".
Anyway, this should be optional and part of the core.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

... I was so sure this guy edited some file that when I pressed a snapview button in his Hotas, the view was held, and when he pressed it again, the view "centered".

wait … you are right, this is the person that found a lua edit to make the snapviews held:

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB