VR comes and goes problem (Varjo Aero)

Darpa

If anyone has any ideas about the following problem I would love to hear your suggestions. Thanks

Problem: Since the update to the latest stable version of DCS (2 days ago) the application will boot into VR only about 50% of the time. The other 50% of the time it just boots into the 2D (monitor) environment. There is no pattern to this. If it does successfully boot into VR all is well and everything operates as it should. If not, then I am just stuck in 2D and have to shut the application down and start all over again. The next time it may, or may not, run in VR. 

Facts:

- I have just updated to current stable version of DCS 2 days ago (this is when the problem started)

- DCS was running flawlessly before I updated DCS in VR using my Varjo Aero

- I am running the current version of Vajo Base software (and it has not been updated since the problem started) and it always starts on system boot.

- I run the MT version of DCS

- No other changes to my VR system software (Varjo Base) or any other software has occurred on the machine

- The problems occurs whether I reboot the system after each try or if I do not

- I have no trouble with VR in any other flight sim (or any other software) - either before or after the last 2 days

OK... I am just answering my own question in case anyone else runs into this issue. 

I think I have found a solution (still not 100% sure but it has worked each time I tried it so far)

For the MT exe I add the following   --force_enable_VR --force_OpenXR

I know I should not have to do that but each time I have done this the sim starts in VR and does not start in 2D only. So it is working so far (fingers-crossed)

Yeah Darpa I also still use "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin-mt\DCS.exe" --force_enable_VR --force_OpenXR command. There is a few folks in the Varjo discord that are having the 2D launch issue and reverting back to a early DCS version seemed to work for them but this was a few weeks ago. I'm glad to got it going. 

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

• 2 weeks later...

I do have the same issue but traced it back to the latest update of DCS-DTC... if I launch that after DCS I do not have the issue

CORRECTION... Not DTC.   Might be Simshaker for Aviator though

Edited by Brainfreeze

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

3 hours ago, Brainfreeze said:

I do have the same issue but traced it back to the latest update of DCS-DTC... if I launch that after DCS I do not have the issue

What is DTC?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|