Unable to cancel comms menu?

Bobstar

Hi All,

Now, it maybe me being a complete biff but, since the last update when the Harrier comms issue was supposedly resolved, although I can key each radio as normal and the comms menu appears on screen, I cannot cancel the comms menu from my transmit button like I could before all these comms issues started weeks ago.

To cancel the menu on the screen I have to use the mouse to cancel it. Now, I know this is a First world problem but, it's a pain in the butt!

Have I done the key bind incorrectly or, is it a known problem or, the correct action since the update?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Razbam had a newsletter a while back where they mentioned the first half of this year was going to be a big push for the Strike Eagle updates and fixes and come summer time they were going to revisit the Harrier and give it some much needed attention. Wish I could find the link to that article but I can't, so we could be waiting a while on this one.

9 hours ago, Gunnar81 said:

Razbam had a newsletter a while back where they mentioned the first half of this year was going to be a big push for the Strike Eagle updates and fixes and come summer time they were going to revisit the Harrier and give it some much needed attention. Wish I could find the link to that article but I can't, so we could be waiting a while on this one.

It was on discord in December:

https://discord.com/channels/536389125276827660/1109145442102562929/1180903836395774032

Spoiler

**HARRIER DEVELOPMENT SITREP**
03/12/2023

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

As you know the harrier development has been put to a standstill as resource are directed towards other modules at the moment.

However know that this is temporary and let me detail to you the will of Razbam concerning our lovely V/STOL aircraft :

**- First and foremost : where do we want this module to go on the long run ?**
We want the Harrier to end up to the Strike eagle standard in terms of fidelity and code quality. We want to squash the bugs that have been there for years, implement the last few features and get to a level where the only work left to do will be the occasional fix due to the most recent DCS update. We have a definite roadmap in terms of features and code areas that we will revamp first but I won't share it here directly in order to not generate hype too early on.

**- Second : why are there no updates at the moment ?**
 We are currently reconfiguring ourselves in order to get the F15E to a level of completion and quality that would fit our standard. We are also getting new talents up to speed (don't you love when I sound all corporate and all) in order to affect more thinking brain matter and keyboard typing fingers to the harrier in the future.

**- Third : when will we start to see updates again ?**
On our side of stuff, we should get back to the visual studio spaghetti bowl marked *AV8BNA* around spring, and we expect the OB changelogs to have harrier items around early to mid summer. If things turn out different and are experiencing delays, I'll come back to you to keep you updated.

Cheers,

A.J.

On 1/17/2024 at 8:48 PM, Gunnar81 said:

Now where did we hear that before....? 🙄

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

• 1 month later...

been working for me, but do you have easy comes checked? in game setting tab?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

no I use the default keys if you changed that, it wont work right.. default is "\" for simple and when you take of its "L-shft+\".

Also if you have a monitor that's a TV; might be a scanning issue. you might have to deal with that in the Video graphics tools of your corresponding GPU brand you use? i.e. NVIDIA or AMD.

Edited by 71st_Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

On 3/5/2024 at 7:50 PM, 71st_Mastiff said:

no I use the default keys if you changed that, it wont work right.. default is "\" for simple and when you take of its "L-shft+\".

Also if you have a monitor that's a TV; might be a scanning issue. you might have to deal with that in the Video graphics tools of your corresponding GPU brand you use? i.e. NVIDIA or AMD.

We are talking about the Com 1 and Com 2 buttons. HOTAS COM forward and COM Aft buttons. And i dont know what having a monitor or TV has anything to do with it? lol???

• Like 1

On 3/4/2024 at 5:56 AM, felixx75 said:

No, you can't cancel comms menue. Only way is F12 or with mouse. I don't use easy comms too.

This is true, as opposed to most (all?) other aircraft.  You CAN, however map the new COMMAND MENU bindings for scrolling through the Comm menu and selecting the EXIT function.  I use my Trim hat which works fine while the comm menu is on screen, but I have to always be careful not to ACTUALLY need to TRIM while the Comms menu is up!

image.png

null

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Recluse said:

This is true, as opposed to most (all?) other aircraft.  You CAN, however map the new COMMAND MENU bindings for scrolling through the Comm menu and selecting the EXIT function.  I use my Trim hat which works fine while the comm menu is on screen, but I have to always be careful not to ACTUALLY need to TRIM while the Comms menu is up!

image.png

null

Ahh thats a good shout that buddy cheers. Or Razbam could just fix the frigging thing lol. But yeah thats a good work around for now

1 hour ago, Tricky11 said:

Ahh thats a good shout that buddy cheers. Or Razbam could just fix the frigging thing lol. But yeah thats a good work around for now

I noticed something when I posted that screenshot.  I never THOUGHT TO use it, but I saw that the COMMAND MENU RETURN function (which I have bound to TRIM LEFT) turns off the Menu just like the Second press of the COMM 1/COMM 2 SHOULD DO.  So,  you only need ONE binding to get you back to a menu removal. No need to scroll all the way down.

Agree that it would be good if it just worked like other Aircraft, but the addition of that COMMAND MENU is a great Quality of LIfe improvement, especially for VR!!

Edited by Recluse
  • Thanks 1

On 3/6/2024 at 12:47 PM, Tricky11 said:

We are talking about the Com 1 and Com 2 buttons. HOTAS COM forward and COM Aft buttons. And i dont know what having a monitor or TV has anything to do with it? lol???

oh ok, I thought you where having a display issue with the coms menu show up in your right-side of monitor not canceling, Ill kindly back away into the brush..

Edited by 71st_Mastiff

16 hours ago, 71st_Mastiff said:

oh ok, I thought you where having a display issue with the coms menu show up in your right-side of monitor not canceling, Ill kindly back away into the brush..

Lmao no worries dude. I do it all the time.

Cheers for the input though.