New Map Suggestion--Alaska's Glacier Bay

Mike Force Team

Here is a suggestion for a future map.  Let's have Alaska's Glacier Bay Map.  This is a beautiful, unspoiled part of Alaska that would be a joy to fly virtually.  You get to set pristine forests, small fishing communities, and many passenger cruise ships.  You also get to see many large glaciers. I attached a map.

Mike Force Team

Alaska Glacier Bay Map--on August 6 2023.pdf

A 50x100 miles DCS map? No sea, basically one country, no historic or even probable conflict relevance... Seriously?

Edited by draconus
  • Like 2

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

16 hours ago, Mike Force Team said:

Here is a suggestion for a future map.  Let's have Alaska's Glacier Bay Map.  This is a beautiful, unspoiled part of Alaska that would be a joy to fly virtually.  You get to set pristine forests, small fishing communities, and many passenger cruise ships.  You also get to see many large glaciers. I attached a map.

Mike Force Team

Alaska Glacier Bay Map--on August 6 2023.pdf 3.88 MB · 7 downloads

A truly beautiful part of the world that I’ll be going back to shortly. Extend the map 3000 km to the west and you can include the Aleutian Islands. Depending on how you do it, you could end up with a lot of water without too much land to model for naval operations, too.

Edited by Ironhand
  • Like 2

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• 4 weeks later...

Yup, natural way for that to make it in, would be to include it in an entire map that covers Southeast Alaska, up through the peninsula and out to the Aluetians. 

You could get Behm Canal in there, where they do secret sub stuff.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'll bump this, although change the area in Alaska to cover both Anchorage (Elmendorf AFB and Ft. Richardson) and Fairbanks (Eielson AFB, Ft. Wainwright, Ft. Greely). Cover an area roughly outlined by W 156°45' to W 140°53' and N 59°15 to N 66°57. It would also include Clear Air Force Station Base......."Clear Air Force Station is one of the most strategically important installations in the United States. The location of the base places it in an invaluable position for defensive monitoring of the west coast and Untied States as a whole. The station is one of the first in a series of early detection installations that […]"........quoted from https://militarybases.com/alaska. Large MOA's around the Fairbanks area and could have a lot of "what-if" scenario's defending the US early warning systems and invasions.