HP Reverb G2 V2 clarity

Marshallman

On 11/22/2023 at 10:08 AM, Marshallman said:

Yes in mixed reality Portal Headset settings (Bottom left lower corner, three dots) gives you option of 90hz or 60 hz... Selected  Best visual Quality - 4320x2160 best Quality and 60hz framerate

Also theOpen XR tools for Windows mixed reaiity ....I have recently set the Rendering settings scale  to150%

Still tweaking but I am getting smooth flight on the F16, Spitfire, Huey, Apache...which is heavy on FPS.

Next upgrade is to 64G ram which I saw on another thread... is probably needed for online servers, as some can use 32g 🙂

Hi mate in openxr toolkit, where is the rendering setting that you scaled to 150%? Do you have a screen shot? I cant seem to get the % part unless im missing it

Im now getting between 60fps and 75fps on my 4090 with hp reverb g2. Only thing in vr still is that the clouds arent too great as the pixels are still visible. Any ideas

Edited by Ghostmaker
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Ghostmaker said:

Hi mate in openxr toolkit, where is the rendering setting that you scaled to 150%? Do you have a screen shot? I cant seem to get the % part unless im missing it

Im now getting between 60fps and 75fps on my 4090 with hp reverb g2. Only thing in vr still is that the clouds arent too great as the pixels are still visible. Any ideas

Its not in OpenXR toolkit...... its in Open XR tools for Windows Mixed reality.  Link  https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/9N5CVVL23QBT?hl=en-us&gl=us

I have done more changes since so I will list the in game Open XR settings.

Under "System"......Motion reprojection to ON

Lock Motion reprojection  to Unlocked

Front page settings are as before for open XR toolkit

My settings in game below.

As for Clouds you'll see I run Ultra....@jurinko is right

I try my results out in Persian Gulf F16 freefly over Dubai.....just give a while to populate and eventually low level is really smooth

Then Huey on same under City tour
Then Apache usually up North...its heavy on GPU butas good as I can get with my specs below..

And if thats you ATA refuelling on your avatar...Teach me how to do that!!!

Regards

Nimbus

IMG_0848.jpg

IMG_0849.jpg

IMG_0850.jpg

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz   Turbo 5.1 GHz, Asus Prime Motherboard B460M-A, Nvidia Geoforce RTX4090, 64gB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR 3600Mhz,Windows 10 Pro Reverb G2V2

6 hours ago, Marshallman said:

Its not in OpenXR toolkit...... its in Open XR tools for Windows Mixed reality.  Link  https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/9N5CVVL23QBT?hl=en-us&gl=us

I have done more changes since so I will list the in game Open XR settings.

Under "System"......Motion reprojection to ON

Lock Motion reprojection  to Unlocked

Front page settings are as before for open XR toolkit

My settings in game below.

As for Clouds you'll see I run Ultra....@jurinko is right

I try my results out in Persian Gulf F16 freefly over Dubai.....just give a while to populate and eventually low level is really smooth

Then Huey on same under City tour
Then Apache usually up North...its heavy on GPU butas good as I can get with my specs below..

And if thats you ATA refuelling on your avatar...Teach me how to do that!!!

Regards

Nimbus

IMG_0848.jpg

IMG_0849.jpg

IMG_0850.jpg

Ah ok ill down load that and give it a werl. Does open xr tools for mixed reality work with tool kit or does one cancel out the other? Haha i wish it was me mate im still learning to set dcs up. Im struggling to set up a refueling mission for myself but after watching videos it still doesnt go to plan lol.

11 hours ago, jurinko said:

Try clouds at highest setting. 

Go to the 4th toolkit tab and there are pixels, not % - I have it at 4800 x something.

Is that the 4th tab in open xr toolkit? If you can screen shot the actual ill have a look. May make more sense when im on the pc looking where you mean

18 minutes ago, Ghostmaker said:

Ah ok ill down load that and give it a werl. Does open xr tools for mixed reality work with tool kit or does one cancel out the other? Haha i wish it was me mate im still learning to set dcs up. Im struggling to set up a refueling mission for myself but after watching videos it still doesnt go to plan lol.

Is that the 4th tab in open xr toolkit? If you can screen shot the actual ill have a look. May make more sense when im on the pc looking where you mean

OpenXR tools for Mixed reality is the configurator for OpenXR, it can be used at the same time, they do not cancel one another..

Edited by The_Nephilim
  • Like 2

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

1 hour ago, Ghostmaker said:

There's a refuelling mission in instant action for each aircraft...

Im not even at mission build  stage yet  lolololool 🙂

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz   Turbo 5.1 GHz, Asus Prime Motherboard B460M-A, Nvidia Geoforce RTX4090, 64gB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR 3600Mhz,Windows 10 Pro Reverb G2V2

1 hour ago, The_Nephilim said:

OpenXR tools for Mixed reality is the configurator for OpenXR, it can be used at the same time, they do not cancel one another..

So i have dcs, windows mied reality and opnxr toolkit. So just download openxr tools and make the changes aswel as my seings in openxr toolkit?

27 minutes ago, Marshallman said:

There's a refuelling mission in instant action for each aircraft...

Im not even at mission build  stage yet  lolololool 🙂

Ah i didnt realise lol ill have a look.

Yeah im trying to just make a normal free flight from one of the bases on either sinai map, syria, or the others with way points but cant figure it out

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ghostmaker said:

So i have dcs, windows mied reality and opnxr toolkit. So just download openxr tools and make the changes aswel as my seings in openxr toolkit?

Ah i didnt realise lol ill have a look.

Yeah im trying to just make a normal free flight from one of the bases on either sinai map, syria, or the others with way points but cant figure it out

well, now I am thinking I thought they where separate entities but maybe we don't need the OpenXR tools for mixed reality? I thought there was a way to control the res in the toolkit by muccicia?? (Spelling)

here is all that can be configured in the OpenXR Tools for mixed reality

openxr mixed reality tool kit.jpg

Edited by The_Nephilim
added info and a picture
  • Like 1

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

On 11/27/2023 at 9:03 PM, Brun said:

For a headset without eye tracking, what's the difference between this and the fixed foveated rendering in OpenXR toolkit?

MBucchias fovated rendering is significantl;y better than the toolkit version. There is also a companion app you can get which allows easy settings adjustments

• Like 1

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

16 minutes ago, markturner1960 said:

MBucchias fovated rendering is significantl;y better than the toolkit version. There is also a companion app you can get which allows easy settings adjustments

Not to make too fine of a point about it, but both OpenXR Toolkit and Quad views are the work of @mbucchia

• Like 2

So as im using Vr on my rtx 4090 and 7800x3d when in the cockpit its crystal clear but outside sometimes looks pixelated. What is the actual adjustment needed for that fix? My sharpness is at 100% turbo mode is set to on, however im yet to get back to download openxr tools mixed reality so i can adjust the rendering scale settings as reccomended above to 150%

1 hour ago, Ghostmaker said:

So as im using Vr on my rtx 4090 and 7800x3d when in the cockpit its crystal clear but outside sometimes looks pixelated. What is the actual adjustment needed for that fix? My sharpness is at 100% turbo mode is set to on, however im yet to get back to download openxr tools mixed reality so i can adjust the rendering scale settings as reccomended above to 150%

It wont be perfect... its the best I can find at the moment, and I still get the same outside and distance isnt as clear as the reverb G2 sweet spot .

1 hour ago, Marshallman said:

It wont be perfect... its the best I can find at the moment, and I still get the same outside and distance isnt as clear as the reverb G2 sweet spot .

Ill have a look when im.next on hopefully tomorrow. Im getting my eyes tested again wednesday so i can get the vr prescription lenses if needed. My left eye has a slight prescription so im also wondering if that will clear things up for me? 

• Like 1

On 12/4/2023 at 1:25 PM, Cab said:

Not to make too fine of a point about it, but both OpenXR Toolkit and Quad views are the work of @mbucchia

Just quoting the great man from his wiki instructions

• Like 1

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

22 hours ago, markturner1960 said:

Mark I looked at your signature... how do you find the X Box Tedac?
Is it wireless or plugged into USB?
Also interesting now the FCR is imminent 🙂

Regards

I find it works very well, and at only £30 or so for one, you cant go wrong. Give it a try, I actually swapped from an Xbox controller to the logitech version, but same difference. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/6/2023 at 8:44 AM, markturner1960 said:

Where does he say one is better than the other?

I had a look into things and it appears that they use different techniques, but if the quad views method is superior why wouldn't Matt have used that in the toolkit?

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

8 minutes ago, Brun said:

Where does he say one is better than the other?

I had a look into things and it appears that they use different techniques, but if the quad views method is superior why wouldn't Matt have used that in the toolkit?

It came recently developed for eye tracking, then he expanded it to fixed

22 hours ago, Marshallman said:

It came recently developed for eye tracking, then he expanded it to fixed

What 'it' are you referring to?

Fixed foveated rendering has been part of the toolkit for ages, long before Matt developed the eye tracking stuff. It uses a method called Variable Rate Shading, which is nothing to do with quad views as far as I'm aware.

It's been suggested upthread that the foveated rendering of quad views is better than that of the toolkit, even for users of headsets without eye tracking. I'd just like to know what that's based on, or see some evidence for it. Have had a read of the documentation and failed to see anything there, apologies if I've missed it.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

2 hours ago, Brun said:

Fixed foveated rendering has been part of the toolkit for ages, long before Matt developed the eye tracking stuff. It uses a method called Variable Rate Shading, which is nothing to do with quad views as far as I'm aware.

It's been suggested upthread that the foveated rendering of quad views is better than that of the toolkit, even for users of headsets without eye tracking. I'd just like to know what that's based on, or see some evidence for it. Have had a read of the documentation and failed to see anything there, apologies if I've missed it.

I was on about Quad views

On 12/8/2023 at 10:41 PM, Brun said:

I had also wondered why Quadviews FFR was better than the OpenXRTK FFR. What I believe is better in Quadviews is the ability to increase the resolution in the focus zone as apposed to just having it at 100% of the resolution set elsewhere. Also the OpenXRTK only allowed 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 resolution in the outer zones. With Quadviews you can set any percentage you want. I also notices that the Quadviews log file showed recommended resolutions in the focus and outer zones. It was 1.1 in the focus zone and 0.4 in the outer for my G2. However, I am not sure if this default for all headsets.

PC Hardware: i9-12900k, RTX 3080 10GB, 32GB DDR5 4400MHz, NVME.2 Drives, Alienware 38" 3840x1600 144MHz Monitor, TrackIR Pro Clip, Pimax Crystal

Flight Controls: Winwing Orion 1 FA-18 Stick and Throttle HOTAS / Logitech Rudder Pedals

DCS Modules: Too many to list after the 15 year sale