creating user defined waypoints- naming waypoints

toro 6

On the user waypoint page, no longer able to use the  small and large right knobs to enter the name of the new waypoint. Also unable to use them to edit the name as well. Anyone else experiencing this? have removed and reinstalled ns430 modules with no joy. 

Edited by toro 6
add info provide additional detail

lately my NS430 has been behaving squirrelly. have tried a number of things to resolve: long and short repair to DCS, remove and reinstall ns430 modules, all mods turned off. Not in multithreading mode because I know that causes issues with the 430.  there are several quirky things happening to me with the NS430. for example: on the user waypoint creation page I am unable to make entries via the right knobs in the waypoint ID field ( see attachment) Anyone else having issues? Are there still folks able to use the 430 without issue including manually created 'user' waypoints. 

Screenshot 2023-08-22 145619.png

• Like 1

It is really in a bad state. They have rebuild it for MT actually it was not working at all with the MT release. But the new version is not better than the old one. It had a few problems in caucasus but the new one is terrible. 

I don't think any function is working without flaws. It also hits FPS a lot and brings stutters when changing screens or booting. 

Hi,

I've seen some issues as well, but seems to me it only happens when I zoom out/enlarge the NS430. As long as I leave it in it's original size it works fine. 

Using the MT-exe here.

Edit : doesn't seem to have to do anything with zooming or MT.

Edited by bengo

i7 6700k/GTX1070-8G/MSI-Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon/32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3000MHZ Vengeance 1600/TM Warthog #6106/Samsung SB350_S27B350H/OCZ Agility3 SSD 128GB / Win10-64/TIR5

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Flappie said:

Can you please provide a DCS track?

Re @toro 6's bug report - as far as I can tell USR waypoints are working as they always have i.e. I've just recreated and flown this Grim Reaper NS430 example in the Gazelle SA342L creating waypoints using the NS430 map cursor and/or NS430 waypoint data entry.

Comments

• User waypoints are still particular about their naming i.e. 0001, 0002, 0011, etc. are trouble free but IIRC names like A, AA, TGT, etc. are problematic.
However this may be working as designed.
• The 2D NS430 popup didn't click and drag or scale like it used to but that may be due to WIP VR compatibility changes.

• The NS430 since (January) is still reporting the WRONG GROUND SPEED in both Knots and KM/hr settings

Spoiler

Screen_230921_145010.jpg

Screen_230921_145018.jpg

Tested using DCS Open Beta Multi-thread 2.8.8.43704

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

7 minutes ago, Ramsay said:

• The 2D NS430 popup didn't click and drag or scale like it used to but that may be due to WIP VR compatibility changes.

• The NS430 since (January) is still reporting the WRONG GROUND SPEED in both Knots and KM/hr settings

These issues were reported earlier. The first one is MT only (affects both pancake and VR).

• Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• ED Team

threads merged, please include a short track replay example. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi, I've just replayed your track. I can see the issue you're having, but I don't know what causes this. See, I've create a new mission, added a hot Huey and tried to do the exact same thing, only this time there was no issue. I believe a DCS setting is causing this and I'm looking for it. Standby.

Edited by Flappie

Hmm, actually it seems it only happens to OB. I cannot reproduce this issue in ED internal build, which means it should be fixed with the next OB update.

In case it doesn't, please post back here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rapierarch said:

The next OB update seems to fix a lot of things. When was it again? 😉 

So many fixes that the update is being transported by a crawler-transporter as we speak. 😄

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I'm able to reproduce it but not always. I'm trying to find out what causes this.

Issue reported. The tag will be edited in a couple of days.

Edited by Flappie
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...