Training mission bug?

Aqua_HeaD

I have now tried to fly both the JDAM and JSOW employment mission for the F18. In both of those mission you will not get any further information from the instructor when you have finished your first attack run and when you have released your weapons and hit those targets. The plane will just start to circle around the area with the AP activated and nothing more will happen. In the JDAM tutorial you can finish the mission yourself after you have programmed your weapons regarding the instructions in the briefing but you will not get any more instructions from the instructor.  DCS version 2.8.8.43704. No mods are installed.

I ran into the exact same issue today.  Got the weapons off on the first attack run (2x JDAM or 2x JSOW), weapons appeared to impact their targets, then the script must have broken or something, got no further narration updates or instructions.

Also, the training mission for GPS weapons (the one where you start on the carrier) says additional target coordinates/waypoints will be in the kneeboard but I could not find it.

Hoping these kind of bugs can get fixed - while there are lots of good youtube tutorials and of course Chuck's guide, I really prefer the interactive training missions.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Same issues with JDAM mission, track attached.  I tried to keep doing the mission after Waypoint 1 from memory.  I did not receive any further instructor messages after releasing the first weapons for target 1. 

Edit: Did it for the JSOW mission too.  Clearly there was a missed trigger after weapons deployment for target 1, with no reaction to deployment nor subsequent direction towards wypt 2.  But I again tried to do it from memory, and it seems that the trigger for after weapons deployment on target 2 "caught" and resumed the instruction.  

Lesson 24-JDAM Employment.miz_12112023_00-47.trk

Lesson 25-JSOW Employment.miz_12112023_01-15.trk

Edited by Augora
Added second track

• BIGNEWY locked this topic
  • 1 month later...

It's because inconsistency between mission triggers and init script. Open training mission in mission editor ([dcs_install_path]\mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Missions\Training) and change player's aircraft pilot name to Viper in JDAM mission and to Hornet in JSOW mission. Save both in your '\Saved Games\DCS\Missions' folder in order to avoid modifying files in DCS installation path. Then you can launch those missions as your own an it's work fine.

Спойлер

i7 13700KF @ 5,4 GHz; DDR5 64GB RAM; Palit RTX 4090; AOC AG352UCG 35" 3440x1440; Win11.
Oculus Quest Pro.
"Marksman-L" rudder by MyCyJIbMaHuH ; VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base; VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip; VPC MongoosT-50CM Throttle.

My settings for VR