F-14 Tomcat 3440 x 1440 Wallpaper

Swiss-Sim

Hello there,

I was searching for Tomcat Wallpapers in 3440 x 1440 resolution, because when I start DCS, the default image from HeatBlur looks not good, since I have a big monitor. Then I started searching all kind of Wallpapers, but there is none in my Resolution, at least there were some, but not high res. I just did some by myself, and if you have the same issue, feel free to use mine. 

Put the Wallpaper in ...\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\F14\Skins\ME and just rename it in " base-menu-window "

Have a great time 😉

base-menu-window.png

base-menu-window(2).png

base-menu-window(3).png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Swiss-Sim said:

Put the Wallpaper in ...\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\F14\Skins\ME and just rename it in " base-menu-window "

Nice image, I also like to customize my DCS background image, but instead of putting it into the DCS programs folder, where it could be overwritten by the next DCS update, I prefer to place it within /Saved Games/ and use it as a "User Theme", on this way:

wJrVADW.jpg

The result looks like this:

SYmyzyV.jpg

A side benefit is that you can also include custom music. Here is a sample, so you can check the folder structure employed:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26irAjzHWJQdHLh2hdnA?e=rOe7o7

(Its a link because of its 55 MB size, music takes up space) 🙂

• Like 5

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

16 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

I prefer to place it within /Saved Games/ and use it as a "User Theme", on this way:

I was not aware of that, thank you for this hint. I just did it as you described and it works fine. I will add the Top Gun intro music as well 😉

Thank you

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Nice image, I also like to customize my DCS background image, but instead of putting it into the DCS programs folder, where it could be overwritten by the next DCS update, I prefer to place it within /Saved Games/ and use it as a "User Theme", on this way:

wJrVADW.jpg

SYmyzyV.jpg

A side benefit is that you can also include custom music. Here is a sample, so you can check the folder structure employed:

Thank you for sharing that. It's much appreciated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rudel_chw said:

Somehow, only the music won't work. I added it in ....\Saved Games\DCS\MissionEditor\themes\main\Sounds\EditorMusic and when i start DCS it plays the default soundtrack. Any ideas?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

wJrVADW.jpg

SYmyzyV.jpg

Thank you for sharing that. It's much appreciated.

Edit to add:

I play on a single 2k monitor and have never like the loading screen image because it's grainy, washed out looking and it cuts off the squadron names on either side of the screen, so I created one that doesn't. Here it is if any of you want to use it:

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gomez Adams said:

I play on a single 2k monitor and have never like the loading screen image because it's grainy, washed out looking and it cuts off the squadron names on either side of the screen, so I created one that doesn't. Here it is if any of you want to use it:

image.png

Damn looks very nice, but its only 1920x1080, in my case it will not be sharp, because of the low res. Do you have it in higher resolution, maybe? If not, i have to do it again. Can you maybe share those two images left and right, i would use those in higher res. image... if possbile. thanks

16 minutes ago, Swiss-Sim said:

Damn looks very nice, but its only 1920x1080, in my case it will not be sharp, because of the low res. Do you have it in higher resolution, maybe? If not, i have to do it again. Can you maybe share those two images left and right, i would use those in higher res. image... if possbile. thanks

I made it in 2k and it clipped even worse than the original. The original from the game is 2402 x 1080 and it clipped as well. What resolution you're in isn't going to matter I think. 

39 minutes ago, Swiss-Sim said:

Somehow, only the music won't work. I added it in ....\Saved Games\DCS\MissionEditor\themes\main\Sounds\EditorMusic and when i start DCS it plays the default soundtrack. Any ideas?

The path seems OK, the sound file must be named MainMenuIn and MainMenuLoop, and they must be in OGG format, not MP3.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

17 minutes ago, Swiss-Sim said:

I just created my own "loading-window" image in 4K and i want to share it, for those who need a higher image. 

Thanks, but the photo has strange artifacts ... maybe you are using Reshade while running DCS?

1 hour ago, Gomez Adams said:

Here's the one I did resized to 3440 x 1440

Thanks a lot 🙏 I added it to my F-14 Theme

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2023/8/27 PM10点45分,Rudel_chw说:

wJrVADW.jpg

SYmyzyV.jpg

Could you please tell me the name of the music which you used in the theme?  

4 hours ago, Kiseki_Yu said:

Could you please tell me the name of the music which you used in the theme?  

Its a mix of several themes from these two singers:

don’t remember the exact songs I used 😞 

Well yes and no....there are F-14s in the background.  I took this photo when VF-103 came back from their final Tomcat tour and VF soon to be VFA-103 had their new Super Hornet waiting for them when they ceremoniously arrived.  So it really is a Tomcat photo more than a Super Hornet photo.

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/15/2023 at 9:48 AM, draconus said:

Have you just posted a Hornet on the F-14 forum?! :shocking:

damn bugs lol

On 8/27/2023 at 2:45 PM, Rudel_chw said:

wJrVADW.jpg

SYmyzyV.jpg

do you have the original 3440 x 1440 version of that please?

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

16 minutes ago, eatthis said:

damn bugs lol

do you have the original 3440 x 1440 version of that please?

It's inside the zip file that i linked.