Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

F-16 HMCS Bore Ellipse turns on only sporadically and at random intervals

Ravenheart

Hello,

When I am in HMCS dogfight mode, and try tms-up to bring up the bore ellipse, it may or may not turn on, I have sat there in the plane for a half hour trying to figure out any kind of pattern or maybe some system I'm doing wrong. I've also consulted the chucks guide(its how I figured out how to do it in the first place)

did a search to find if someone else has had this problem(both on this forum and reddit), found this page but nothing helpful to me here( all advice is already done or set or not applicable)

-------

( F16 TMS up doesn’t work most of the time in dogfight mode )

https://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit/comments/x27qnc/f16_tms_up_doesnt_work_most_of_the_time_in/

------------------

It is not a hotas/joystick issue, the same thing happens when I just use the TMS up keyboard command.

Once it actually does decide to appear, it locks on in BFM no problem and I can fire and kill the target, its just getting it ON that is the random issue .

am I missing something? any suggestions would be helpful.

thank you

• Like 1

Ok so I think i may of fixed it... the acquisition cursor does tend to "drift" if I don't have it come to a stop before I switch modes.

What I noticed was that the FCS was switching to bore, but then it would switch back to slew, I raised the deadzone(from 5 to 10) on my aquisition cursor slew keybinds and if the AC is stopped dead before I switch modes, it goes to bore, stays at bore (i noticed it switched to slew on its own before) and works as intended.

going to keep testing but I think this may of fixed it.

• Thanks 1

• ED Team

Please include a short track replay example. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...