A10C Tank Killer Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG buttons functionality

Hello every body,

I was looking in the forum, but I did not found it, maybe Im so noob. Does anyone have the Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG buttons functionality, I mean in the device manual it has what each button is, but for instance what Im looking for is to know what it specifically does each button. In example the TMS long creates a SPI, TMS after disables it... 

Is there a map, image or so of the joystick and the throttle buttons. Not binded.

Thanks for it.

I'm not sure I understand your question.

So you found the chapters in the manual for Control Stick and Throttles, you've looked at the images showing all the buttons and what they're called, you've looked at the big tables describing what short and long presses do on every single button, but now you're wondering what the heck any of that means. Did I get that right? 😉

In that case, I would recommend reading the manual in much more detail, because it does explain and describe most of these functions. However, the information is spread around the manual, because using the HOTAS functions touches on many different aspects of flying and controlling the aircraft.

For a good primer, I would recommend the in-game mission TRAINING -> A-10C II -> HOTAS Fundamentals

You can also go on Youtube and look for video explanations. Some are really fantastic, others get stuff wrong and teach bad habits. You'll have to figure out what to embrace and what to ignore.

Some of these HOTAS functions are indeed quite complicated and require a deeper understanding of the associated systems. These forums are full of questions and answers regarding those functions - the search function is your friend.

For specific questions, just let us know what you're interested to know.

• Like 1

In the Flight Manual coming with the module on page 91 and 94 are two colored tables, that I did print and laminated, when I started learning the HOTAS years ago.

Memorize the switches, buttons, hats names (DMS, TMS, MasterModeControlButton, etc.) and if you employ say AGM-65 Mavericks, reference the column on the top. Now every function of the respective switches/hats are listed in that column.

But as Yurgon pointed out, you need to understand the HOTAS concept of short and long presses and how the same buttons do different things with different sensors, or weapons, first. 

• Like 1

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

On 8/31/2023 at 8:56 PM, Chunk said:

This download will have what you're looking for, and more.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313817/

Thanks man this is pretty much what I was looking for.

On 8/31/2023 at 8:57 PM, Yurgon said:

I'm not sure I understand your question.

So you found the chapters in the manual for Control Stick and Throttles, you've looked at the images showing all the buttons and what they're called, you've looked at the big tables describing what short and long presses do on every single button, but now you're wondering what the heck any of that means. Did I get that right? 😉

In that case, I would recommend reading the manual in much more detail, because it does explain and describe most of these functions. However, the information is spread around the manual, because using the HOTAS functions touches on many different aspects of flying and controlling the aircraft.

For a good primer, I would recommend the in-game mission TRAINING -> A-10C II -> HOTAS Fundamentals

You can also go on Youtube and look for video explanations. Some are really fantastic, others get stuff wrong and teach bad habits. You'll have to figure out what to embrace and what to ignore.

Some of these HOTAS functions are indeed quite complicated and require a deeper understanding of the associated systems. These forums are full of questions and answers regarding those functions - the search function is your friend.

For specific questions, just let us know what you're interested to know.

Thanks! Im on it. Reading, reading and reading. Some schemes like Chunk has provided are more than welcome.

On 9/1/2023 at 5:17 PM, shagrat said:

In the Flight Manual coming with the module on page 91 and 94 are two colored tables, that I did print and laminated, when I started learning the HOTAS years ago.

Memorize the switches, buttons, hats names (DMS, TMS, MasterModeControlButton, etc.) and if you employ say AGM-65 Mavericks, reference the column on the top. Now every function of the respective switches/hats are listed in that column.

But as Yurgon pointed out, you need to understand the HOTAS concept of short and long presses and how the same buttons do different things with different sensors, or weapons, first. 

Yes you´re right!

Edited by edudix