AI Takes Off With the Wind

Rex

I just realized that the AI always takes off with the wind instead of against it.  Minor thing but I thought I'd mention it.

null

image.png

• Like 1

Rex's Rig

Intel i9-14900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 | 64GB DDR5 | 3x4TB 990 Pro M2 SSDs | HP Reverb 2 | 49" Samsung 5120x1440 @ 120Mhz

TM Warthog Stick + Throttle | TM Pendulum Pedals | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR |  Cougar MFD x 2 

On 9/1/2023 at 11:35 PM, razo+r said:

How much wind was there? 

7 knots in the mission settings, but I'm not sure what it actually is at that spot.  This behavior has happened so far on every field I've tried, which is Carpiqet, Criel, and Saint Andre.  I think the one in the picture is Triqueville.  I've played around with the wind settings, and so far, AI has always taken off with the wind.  It's always been a Kurfurst or Spit, though, so it may be plane specific.  I also have a lot of scripting stuff running in the background.  I have some default mission stuff that sources Mist, Moose, MSF, and WeatherMark.  Not sure if that would make a difference.

In the tests, though, I'm just placing the aircraft with the ME, giving them a CAP route, and doing a 'Takeoff from Runway'.

Edited by Rex

Rex's Rig

Intel i9-14900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 | 64GB DDR5 | 3x4TB 990 Pro M2 SSDs | HP Reverb 2 | 49" Samsung 5120x1440 @ 120Mhz

TM Warthog Stick + Throttle | TM Pendulum Pedals | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR |  Cougar MFD x 2 

• 4 months later...

ATC will send you to the wrong direction too. I you follow its orders you will takeoff with the wind instead against it. At least on Ford it does it this way.

Edited by Nereid

DCS:A-10C / DCS:Ka-50 / DCS:UH-1H / DCS:Mig21bis / DCS:P-51D / DCS:Mi-8MTV2 / DCS:Fw190D9 / DCS:Bf109K4 / DCS:C-101EB / DCS:L-39C / DCS:F-5E / DCS:Spitfire LF Mk. IX / DCS:AJS37