Model the Typhoons That Occurred During the Vietnam War

Mike Force Team

Hello, ED,

I have big expectations of the Vietnam map.  In the Vietnam map, include options that will model the path of typhoons that occurred during the Vietnam war.  In the attachment, I added graphics with descriptive captions that show various typhoons that hit Vietnam.  I am asking for the developers (map creator or ED) to model the effects of a typhoon.  Yes, I know that wind and rain are modeled, but not typhoons.  Flying missions in strong winds with driving rain squalls can make missions quite challenging for the aggressors and the defenders.  

Mike Force Team

Model the Typhoons That Occurred During VietNam War.docx

Edited by Mike Force Team

@Mike Force Team

Do you actually play this game or do you just collect modules and maps on your hard drive? Then run out of stuff to collect and then ask for more…

If you actually play DCS you’ll realize there is a lot to keep you entertained here without silly extra stuff like volcanoes, meteors, wildlife or typhoons etc. Since this is a combat simulation such things don’t add much because active operations don’t usually happen in the areas affected by earthquakes and erupting volcanoes. 

But by all means keep entertaining us with your wacky suggestions. 🤣

PS You can actually write directly on this forum page without attaching Word docx files.

• Like 3

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | ASUS TUF GeForce RTX 4090 OC | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

@SharpeXB Hello, Sharpe,

ED focuses on the airplanes, choppers, and other things.  Yet, to add variety, I added suggestions for ED to consider.  At a minimum, I know they read my comments.  I am glad you find enjoyment in my posts.  

When I have looked at other companies' flight simulators, I discovered features they had that ED might not currently offer.  For example, flight weather that is shown in real-world time is not currently available in ED.  As for virtual animals, ED has given us cows.  Yet, at a future time, ED has promised us a global map.  I hope that the global map includes Africa, which will model wildlife.  Small details, of course, yet still would be nice to have.  Flying in typhoons, hurricanes, etc. is not currently modeled in DCS, but is modeled in a competitor's flight simulator. 

Mike Force Team 

@SharpeXB Hello, Sharpe,
ED focuses on the airplanes, choppers, and other things.  Yet, to add variety, I added suggestions for ED to consider.  At a minimum, I know they read my comments.  I am glad you find enjoyment in my posts.  
When I have looked at other companies' flight simulators, I discovered features they had that ED might not currently offer.  For example, flight weather that is shown in real-world time is not currently available in ED.  As for virtual animals, ED has given us cows.  Yet, at a future time, ED has promised us a global map.  I hope that the global map includes Africa, which will model wildlife.  Small details, of course, yet still would be nice to have.  Flying in typhoons, hurricanes, etc. is not currently modeled in DCS, but is modeled in a competitor's flight simulator. 
Mike Force Team 
I enjoy a lot of your suggestions Mike, though some seems a little far fetched at times, but no harm done.
When the Kola maps gets closer, just remember there are no polar bears there. Only brown ones.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, MAXsenna said:

I enjoy a lot of your suggestions Mike, though some seems a little far fetched at times, but no harm done.
When the Kola maps gets closer, just remember there are no polar bears there. Only brown ones. emoji6.png

WELL, ACTUALLYYYY!  random Polar bears do show up both in Norway and Kola from time to time(last time in Norway was apparently in 1953. So if we do a "korean war spills over to Europe " scenario. We need Polar bears(well 1 Polar bear) to crate a realistic scenario.

• Like 2

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

WELL, ACTUALLYYYY!  random Polar bears do show up both in Norway and Kola from time to time(last time in Norway was apparently in 1953. So if we do a "korean war spills over to Europe " scenario. We need Polar bears(well 1 Polar bear) to crate a realistic scenario.
Oh! I'm all down for that!
Did meet some tourist during the -94 Winter Games. Asking where all the polar bears, (they expected to see roaming the streets of Lillehammer), were? I told them they were in luck, because they sure didn't want to meet one. But they were free to hitch a ride up to Spitsbergen if they fancied a death wish.
For those that don't know. Lillehammer is quite a stretch from Northern Norway and Kola too. Did a weekend road trip up to Narvik from Oslo once. When we came to Trondheim, we weren't even half the way... Haha

• Like 1