Mi-8MTV2 Liveries Problem

Go to solution Solved by Rudel_chw,

Am I being daft, or what?

I downloaded some liveries for my newly acquired Mi-8MTV2 and put them in my liveries folder ...

C:\Users\*my folder*\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Liveries\Mi-8MTV2

I got the name Mi-8MTV2 directly from the main DCS folder to make sure I got the spelling and case correct ...

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft

I went into mission editor but the new liveries weren't there, I just had the original two liveries available. I thought initially it might be a DCS version issue so I deleted the the livery files and only downloaded those for version 2.8.8 but I got the same thing.

I'm now thinking it may be a country thing in the LUA file. For instance, in one of the US airforce liveries there is a line in the LUA file -

name = "USAF Flat Gray"
countries = {}

I assume countries = {} means there is no restriction on the countires selected in the misssion editor?

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas it would be good to hear from you.

BTW, yes, before anyone asks, I did unzip the livery files - see image attached 🙂

Regards

Nial

image.png

Edited by Nialfb

Game setup - I9-13900K, 3000 MHZ 24 Core 32 Logical Processors, NVIDIA RTX 4090, 42” ASUS 4K OLED monitor, TM HOTAS Warthog, TM TPR Rudder pedals, HP Reverb G2 VR - soon to be Bigscreen VR

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think the liveries folder's name has to be shortened to mi-8mt rather than the full name. So C:\Users\USER\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Liveries\mi-8mt instead of mi-8mtv2. Hope this helps!

Edited by Emble

^ What he said. I tend to place liveries in Bazar rather than Saved Games, but It doesn't matter. I can confirm, however, that "mi-8mt" folder name works OK for me. 

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

1 hour ago, Nialfb said:

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas it would be good to hear from you.

The correct folder name is "Mi-8mt", like this:

uDGMeT6.jpg

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks, changing the folder name worked great 👍

I thought that the folder name in saved games/liveries had to be the exactly the same as the folder name for the plane MOD in the main Eagle Dynamics folder. If the names are different, how do we know that? I looked through some of the lua files but there isn't any clue in those.

Game setup - I9-13900K, 3000 MHZ 24 Core 32 Logical Processors, NVIDIA RTX 4090, 42” ASUS 4K OLED monitor, TM HOTAS Warthog, TM TPR Rudder pedals, HP Reverb G2 VR - soon to be Bigscreen VR

• Solution
2 hours ago, Nialfb said:

If the names are different, how do we know that? I looked through some of the lua files but there isn't any clue in those.

Hi, check here:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

3 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Hi, check here:

Perfect! Thanks for that, it will save me hours of head scratching! 🙂