Will the eurofighter be able to use nvgs and hmd at the same time?

Thorluis2

• 4 months later...

I guess the question should have been 'can the HMD and NVGs be used during the same flight?'

In contrast to - for example - the Hornet, where you have to tell the ground crew which one to install.

Edited by Brun

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

I saw a video from hasard lee where he said they had the option to switch between jhmcs and nvg during flight, it would take few minutes to do so. Can't find that video anymore guess he made it private.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2024 at 9:34 PM, Furiz said:

I saw a video from hasard lee where he said they had the option to switch between jhmcs and nvg during flight, it would take few minutes to do so. Can't find that video anymore guess he made it private.

When our pilots (F-16's) do night ops, they switch jhmcs for standard helmets, because our jhmcs don't have room for the bracket which holds the nvg's.

Iirc the Belgiums switched from jhmcs to Skorpion and the latter supports the nvg's bracket, so i'd say depends on which helmet you use, but not both at the same time

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/20/2024 at 1:35 PM, TheFreshPrince said:

Hope at some point we'll get the Striker 2, which can do both!

Next one will probably an Apple Vision Pro...

We likely wont get it in dcs, since it is such a big step up (colour imagery, 3d imaging, etc) but if we get pirate, we can overlay the raster image over the hmd, giving a night vision capability over the forward side and top sections of the aircraft.