Mission 10 - trigger issue on second SAM attack

lowki
Go to solution Solved by g2k,

Hi! I think I have an event trigger issue.
During the second SAM attack near LUKE, when Sluggo says "If it shoots me, you shoot".

Sluggo does fire its harm against the SAM and hit it, but after that he flights north and I follow him, but nothing else happens, as I saw, there should be Mig23s taking off of LUKE.

I've also tried to fire at the SAM just after Sluggo, but no luck.

• Solution
On 9/12/2023 at 5:45 AM, lowki said:

Hi! I think I have an event trigger issue.
During the second SAM attack near LUKE, when Sluggo says "If it shoots me, you shoot".

Sluggo does fire its harm against the SAM and hit it, but after that he flights north and I follow him, but nothing else happens, as I saw, there should be Mig23s taking off of LUKE.

I've also tried to fire at the SAM just after Sluggo, but no luck.

Yeah, there are several problems in Mission 10.  You should add this into the first thread of this Dominant Fury message board.  There you will see the other issues as well regarding mission 10 and others.  I can't score points on the SA-6's. Several comms are missing from the first time I attempted it. Cheers.

(I just jotted this hardware info down so younger smarter people can help me troubleshoot possible flaws)

i7 9700K 3.7Ghz | ROG Strix RTX2080S GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB | WD 1TB-SSD | Corsair RGB 280mm Liquid CPU cooler | Asus TUF Z390-Plus w/DDR4 2666

TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswinds | HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2023 at 11:47 AM, baltic_dragon said:

The funny thing is: I played this mission twice recently and it all worked fine on my end. Still, I'll try to make it work when I update a whole campaign for taxi directors etc. 

Hi BD,

IS it possible to share your TacView file of your attempt? 

Thanks in advance. 

Flying KENNY 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Same here. Very odd issue. I fly the mission the first time, no issue. After the second run, a missile was fired upon the leader and then we encountered some MiGs. But I was hit.

So I restart the game and the mission. No success. As discribed here, after Sluggo's shoot, nothing. I flew 3 times the mission.

Cheers.

OK, I'll try to re-work the triggers and the logic when I update the campaign. I need to finish the Raven One first and there is no need for me to try to fix single issues when I'll have to revisit whole campaign with major overhaul in the coming weeks... so I beg you guys for a bit of patience, once I am finished you will get a much more enjoyable experience, promise 🙂

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi! I am experiencing this very same issue... please check the mission 10 again... no progress after hiting the second SAM site...

I know it was suppose to be already fixed by an update, but please check it again... I've tried it a few times and the issue remains...

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I just played it again and it worked... this time I waited until Sluggo shot and the SA3 launch, then the mission carried on... however on our way back to mother we needed to AAR with redeye 702 at 12k, Sluggo had to be first but he just fly-by readeye 702 that was about 10k instead of 12k and offset to our left, as Sluggo flow away and I needed that fuel, then I called tanker and AAR, with COMs back on track I RTB.

But let me suggest something, you really should use fail safe triggers to dodge DCS bugs mostly due its ever updating status.

Because; lets be reasonable, during the attack run on the SA3 site, Sluggo says: I'll go first, shoot it if it shoots me, so we are both flying to an SA3, as soon as I spot the launch at the site, I shoot it back as instructed but sluggo took a little more time to shoot and that was the issue, but think with me.... My leader has just been shoot, I'm very close to the site and likely to be shot at anytime, a very hard missile that close to dodge, whats the real matter of whoever shoots first? There had to be  a fail safe trigger... take me some points, show "mission fail" on the screen, but just brake the mission??? Thats very frustrating, specially after flying for about one hour and you don't have a clue about what you did wrong...

I love DCS campaigns as they are a great way to enjoy DCS and your modules, being proeficient, navigating, managing fuel, employing weapons, etc... and I've played lots of campaigns so far, some developers make fail safe triggers and rarely have bugs. 

Thanks anyway!

I hear you. But also bear in mind that some developers produce missions that are much more simple. It is either - or: you get realistic but complex missions which are great (until DCS bugs break them) or you get simple ones, which are not so fun but work. Trust me I am trying to build in as many fail-safe things as possible and after Raven One: DF I generally decided to rather tone things down a bit to make it more reliable (which will be the case with the Gamblers - while still retaining a lot of fun factor). I overdid it with RO:DF wanting to giver players a super authentic experience which is almost impossible to maintain in DCS.

The AAR thing is a new DCS bug that is out of my hands and AFAIK affects many campaigns. The fail-safe trigger would be to just tell the AI to follow the tanker in observation and not refuel, as there is nothing else that can fix the problem (I spent hours trying to find a workaround). To make things worse, this bug does not happen in a simple vanilla mission, and therefore is almost impossible to report to ED - as their logic is: if it doesn't happen in vanilla, it is not a bug. So here we are - we just need to learn to live with these occasional hiccups, as they are unavoidable. And I will not start making super simple campaigns because that wouldn't be fun. Hope it all makes sense. 

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png