TEL/BPZ Dogfight radar modes issue

Scrub
Go to solution Solved by Ian Boys UK,

Hello, 

Today during a dogfight training with the mirage F1CE against F-5's or Mig 21's, the dogfight modes did not worked. 

I don't know if i am the only one to have the issue, but i think i'm doing everithing well and it seems not to work. 

If anybody have more information about it, or is encoutering the same issue, do not hesitate to share it here. 

Screen_230913_182225.png

20 minutes ago, Scrub said:

Hello, 

Today during a dogfight training with the mirage F1CE against F-5's or Mig 21's, the dogfight modes did not worked. 

I don't know if i am the only one to have the issue, but i think i'm doing everithing well and it seems not to work. 

If anybody have more information about it, or is encoutering the same issue, do not hesitate to share it here. 

Screen_230913_182225.png

Had this issue for a while, never had time to report it, sometimes the radar doesn't turn on in those modes and there is noise on the radar and we can't lock anything, it's pretty random and sometimes spamming the modes will fix it...

• Like 1

My Setup : i5-4690 3.50GHz + 24GB RAM DDR3 1600MHz + MSI RTX 2060 Super Ventus OC + 2 SSD + 4 HDD + Oculus Rift CV1 + TM T.16000M Hotas

Super Etendard for Life !

On 9/14/2023 at 12:35 AM, Ian Boys UK said:

The TEL is working - keep the tgt in the HUD for 4-5 seconds as long as it isn't cold at the same speed as you and it will lock. 

BPZ is still WIP.

Nope, Sometimes even in TEL there is NO Radar noise and the radar behave like it's on OFF

My Setup : i5-4690 3.50GHz + 24GB RAM DDR3 1600MHz + MSI RTX 2060 Super Ventus OC + 2 SSD + 4 HDD + Oculus Rift CV1 + TM T.16000M Hotas

22 hours ago, Loukuins said:

Nope, Sometimes even in TEL there is NO Radar noise and the radar behave like it's on OFF

What you describe can occur when you first switch to BPZ and then enter TEL mode afterwards. Until we see a radar overhaul and/or AERGES implements BPZ mode correctly I think it is probably the best to just unbind BPZ mode in order to not run into the above problem. Thanks.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Tango3B said:

What you describe can occur when you first switch to BPZ and then enter TEL mode afterwards. Until we see a radar overhaul and/or AERGES implements BPZ mode correctly I think it is probably the best to just unbind BPZ mode in order to not run into the above problem. Thanks.

I will do that, thanks I will see if this fix my issue

• 2 months later...

I have noticed on selecting TEL the background noise is not present - it only locks when there is background noise.

As a workaround I go back to HA (Search mode) and re-select TEL. Sometimes I get the background noise immediately, other times I have to repeat the cycle HA-TEL-HA-TEL a few times until I see the noise.  Thereafter it locks quite fast. Thus I have the 2 bindings close to each other for quick action.

If I then go from TEL to BPZ it usually also shows the noise, but going directly from HA to BZP never worked for me.

I hope it can be fixed soon, since once you are merged the last thing on your mind is cycling radar modes until it works.

BST Mode.jpg

• Like 1