Mig 21 Bison and Lancer

iar330socat

Yeah, but a Bison would be a different jet. And it’s not necessarily a Russian one ether. If documents are available it would be a great addition to DCS, and a good counterpart to the Jeff. I don’t know how exactly the licensing works but Raz did an F-15E even though the F-15C was is FC. So maybe the Bison is open if there is enough documentation for it. I would think there would be. It isn’t really cutting edge. It seems like one of those birds that could kinda fall through the cracks, and it would fit well in DCS, very well. 

• Like 1

We are more likely to see the lancer than the Bison, however I feel the same way about either version that I do about the Phantom 2K variant (wether it is ICE, Terminator or any modern update).

I would rather have new player drivable/flyable or sailable vehicles, maps, or assets than a variant module, If we do get a variant module I would rather the historically significant variants so in the case of the Fishbed, a Vietnam war vintage variant would be preferred over the Sniper or Bison, but once the NVAF Fishbed is taken or some developer really wanted to do the  Sniper I'd have no objection I'd probably buy it. However, I would like to see some sort of bundle pack and variant pricing is the modules are done by the same developer and if they aren't done by the same developer then I would like to see something in place to enable developers to license code to make the bundle pack possible. 

There are some vehicles that have a long service life and I think multiple variants would do quite well  though there is also the law of diminishing returns

• Like 2

On 9/18/2023 at 12:56 AM, upyr1 said:

We are more likely to see the lancer than the Bison, however I feel the same way about either version that I do about the Phantom 2K variant (wether it is ICE, Terminator or any modern update).

I would rather have new player drivable/flyable or sailable vehicles, maps, or assets than a variant module, If we do get a variant module I would rather the historically significant variants so in the case of the Fishbed, a Vietnam war vintage variant would be preferred over the Sniper or Bison, but once the NVAF Fishbed is taken or some developer really wanted to do the  Sniper I'd have no objection I'd probably buy it. However, I would like to see some sort of bundle pack and variant pricing is the modules are done by the same developer and if they aren't done by the same developer then I would like to see something in place to enable developers to license code to make the bundle pack possible. 

There are some vehicles that have a long service life and I think multiple variants would do quite well  though there is also the law of diminishing returns

In case of Bison it would be interesting though to have an Indian a counterpart to JF-17. Right now Jeff fights against F-16/18, which is so counter-immersive. Although I'd rather they do Su-17 or something like that.

Anyway, AFAIK, they have no plans for other MiG-21 variants.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2023 at 5:49 AM, Nipil said:

In case of Bison it would be interesting though to have an Indian a counterpart to JF-17. Right now Jeff fights against F-16/18, which is so counter-immersive. Although I'd rather they do Su-17 or something like that.

Anyway, AFAIK, they have no plans for other MiG-21 variants.

I don't believe there are such plans either. Given the choice I would rather see new modules over a variant module (there are some exceptions).