AGM65 mission

Hi guys,

I’m struggling using the maverick. 
The mission says I should change to some specific IR mode soo I can find the sa-13 easier. Of course it doesn’t tell you how to set that, so as a result I cannot find the relevant targets. 
any idea how to set these hidden features, soo I can spot the da-13’s?

Also, is the autopilot of the f-16 dysfunctional? The mission instructs me to switch off the autopilot, then turn, and when on course, switch it to altitude hold. 
i assigned the ap buttons to my throttle visible and I can see the switches move in the cockpit, but the ap does not engage. Any reason why that might be?

If you mean the Mavericks, you cannot switch. Either you loaded the Mav with the IR seeker, or the other one with CCTV seeker. Or if you loaded both types you should be able to do so by selecting the appropriate station with the NWS/AR DISCONNECT/MSL STEP button. 

The TGP can be changed between WHOT, BHOT and TV, I think with TMS left. 

The autopilot works like it should last time I used it. Are you perhaps out of the AP limitations? It's hard to guess the cause without a lot of informations... 

Edited by razo+r

Thanks, I’ll check that. 
i think my problem is finding the controls for whot bhot and tv on the mfd. 

autopilot wise, I couldn’t find the panel, but I recalled setting the commands on my throttle console. I only set the att/alt hold switches. If there is a separate engage/disengage button or switch, then I need to set that up. 

The 2 switches for the Autopilot are on the same panel like the Master Arm switch, but just a bit below it. 

There is no further switch. You have one for Alt/Att hold and another one for HDG/STR mode. There is also the Pedal switch that temporarily disables the Autopilot. 

Next time you run into issues, try to save a short track and or at least a video. 

• Like 2

I’ll do that. I know with commercial airlines the ap automatically disconnects when it registers commanded deflection of flight controls beyond a specific range, and I assume the same applies to fighter jets. 
soo I’m a little surprised that I cannot good ap for attitude or altitude and still do turns manually. 

tonight I’ll do another test run and post the track here

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/2/2023 at 7:50 AM, BaronVonVaderham said:

Hi guys,

I’m struggling using the maverick. 
The mission says I should change to some specific IR mode soo I can find the sa-13 easier. Of course it doesn’t tell you how to set that, so as a result I cannot find the relevant targets. 
any idea how to set these hidden features, soo I can spot the da-13’s?

Also, is the autopilot of the f-16 dysfunctional? The mission instructs me to switch off the autopilot, then turn, and when on course, switch it to altitude hold. 
i assigned the ap buttons to my throttle visible and I can see the switches move in the cockpit, but the ap does not engage. Any reason why that might be?

Maybe you know this.. the mfd button to change TV/bhot/whot is, I believe, OSB 6 (or 7)  first or second along the right side of screen.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...