Somnium-VR1 reserve your order spot for free now

Nedum

If you are interested in the new Somnium-VR1 you can get a spot for your free reservation.

No cost.

https://somniumspace.com/#reserveYourSpot

Read more about this Headset and what you can expect.

https://somniumspace.medium.com/somnium-vr1-headset-development-update-️optics-️production-design-materials-fov-4dedf0b80101

• Like 2

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D, System-RAM: 64 GB DDR5, GPU: nVidia 4090, Monitor: LG 38" 3840*1600, VR-HMD: Pimax Crystal, OS: Windows 11Pro, 2*2TB Samsung M.2 SSD, HOTAS: TM Warthog, Paddles: MfG.

Already signed up. There's no obligation to get one. Despite me not having the proper set up for base stations I'll decide if I will get one when more info on price and other details are revealed.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I'm signed up. Can't quite get on board with the Crystal yet when it is at least possible that the VR1 will be same picture quality, more efficient lenses (hence lower native render resolution for the same screen resolution) and better quality build, if the images are anything to go by.

Additionally, my understanding is that the VR1 comes with only one lens type which has a claimed 125 degrees horizontal FOV. 

If this is true, I'm sold.

• Like 1

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

On 10/8/2023 at 4:58 PM, speed-of-heat said:

Do we have any idea on price yet ? 

He only said it's not for people thinking for the price of a quest. I think we will see something around $ 1.5k without tax. Will be built in Europe.

I've heard the lenses are the same as the ones coming with the Pimax 12K. That might be the reason for the big horizontal FoV (min 120° real FoV).

Edited by Nedum
  • Like 1

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D, System-RAM: 64 GB DDR5, GPU: nVidia 4090, Monitor: LG 38" 3840*1600, VR-HMD: Pimax Crystal, OS: Windows 11Pro, 2*2TB Samsung M.2 SSD, HOTAS: TM Warthog, Paddles: MfG.

I would like to put myself on the reservation list for the Somnium VR1, but I can't.  When I go to somniumspace.com, the menus and login button are grayed out.   When I try to register my email for the reservation, nothing happens after clicking the button.  It is like i am locked out somehow.  Anyone else have this issue?

Windows 11, GPU: RTX-4090, Ram: 32gb, CPU: 12700k, Headset: Varjo Aero

3 hours ago, MAThrasher said:

I would like to put myself on the reservation list for the Somnium VR1, but I can't.  When I go to somniumspace.com, the menus and login button are grayed out.   When I try to register my email for the reservation, nothing happens after clicking the button.  It is like i am locked out somehow.  Anyone else have this issue?

Did you click on 'Confirm my email' button first?

• Like 1

Pentium II 233Mhz | 16MB RAM | 14.4kb Modem | 1.44MB Floppy Disk Drive | Windows 3.1 with TM Warthog & TrackIR 5

3 hours ago, MAThrasher said:

That's strange.

I don't have to log in. I can still fill out all fields and request an e-mail confirmation. You have to fill out all fields. Without that, you will not get the buttons highlighted.

But since my e-mail is already registered, I've got the information my e-mail is already known. It could be there are no spots left anymore.

Try it without login in.

I don't know what is going on...it is really strange.  All of the links at the top are inactive.  I have not tried to login, but I could not if I wanted too since the login button is inactive also.  I entered all of the information for the 5 fields in the reserve section and pressed the button, but nothing happens.  

Edited by MAThrasher

Windows 11, GPU: RTX-4090, Ram: 32gb, CPU: 12700k, Headset: Varjo Aero

On 10/9/2023 at 11:04 PM, Nedum said:

I've heard the lenses are the same as the ones coming with the Pimax 12K. That might be the reason for the big horizontal FoV (min 120° real FoV).

I don't see how that can be true as Somnium are manufacturing their own lenses i.e. its custom to the VR1, but if you're interested the CEO is very active on Twitter and Discord easy enough to ask him

I have my reservation in place a lack of inside out tracking means I will need to add on the cost of base stations, as well so I may have to consider what the means financially, a lot is going to come down to the cost (but this is the same thing stopping buying the Varjo Aero at the moment.  I had high hopes for the crystal but it does not support clip in lperscription lenses which I need to be able to use it.

Edited by speed-of-heat

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I don't know what is going on...it is really strange.  All of the links at the top are inactive.  I have not tried to login, but I could not if I wanted too since the login button is inactive also.  I entered all of the information for the 5 fields in the reserve section and pressed the button, but nothing happens.  
As written above. I had to click "confirm email", then everything "opened" up after I confirmed it.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

I have my reservation in place a lack of inside out tracking means I will need to add on the cost of base stations, as well so I may have to consider what the means financially, a lot is going to come down to the cost (but this is the same thing stopping buying the Varjo Aero at the moment.  I had high hopes for the crystal but it does not support clip in lperscription lenses which I need to be able to use it.
I've heard people that have the Crystal used HonsVR for prescription lenses. I am in the same boat, signed up for the all in one VR1 but not a fan of having to set up base stations.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

vor 13 Stunden schrieb MAThrasher:

Try to select a "Preferred Somnium VR1 Variant" before clicking "Confirm my Email" button. You can find the 4 possible variants below the "Confirm My Email" button.
For me it only worked after selecting one. Without selection nothing happened.

• Like 1

This headset caught my attention recently and Im pretty excited for its potential and it being an open source item...enough so that I reserved a spot to order it when its available.

now the 2500 dollar question is... Do you really want to receive the ones in the first production run?

How many changes will be made in 2 months time?

Will they provide those changes to early models?

Will they charge for any upgrade components?

is this unnecessary worrying cause by pimax?

• Like 1