F-15C tons (most?) of actions not boundable to HOTAS buttons in 2.9

Go to solution Solved by okopanja,

After the latest 2.9.0.46801 (MT) I can't reconfigure tons of previously bound commands to my HOTAS for F-15C. The scale is staggering:

image.png

I'm a firm believer - if it can be bound to a keyboard, let us bind it to a controller/HOTAS buttons as well! I know, this is just a regression, but you should somehow make some order in these matters, please.

I hope that F-15C is popular enough that we will get some quick patch for NOT being able to turn even the radar on with HOTAS!

Edited by virgo47

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube

• virgo47 changed the title to F-15C tons (most?) of actions not boundable to HOTAS buttons in 2.9

I guess they are gone, not a problem to redo them from my list, but currently it is not possible, when it's "darker", it's not available. Somehow the definition of these bindings refuses gaming devices except for the keyboard. Many modules have similar bugs on a smaller scale, but this one came out of nowhere. 😉

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube

I wish this got at least aknowledged by ED. In 2.9 I'm more affected by bugs than features, which I can understand IF the fixes are coming soon enough. I like FC3 planes and with Su25T ltv bug there are at least two bugs that are not related to DLSS but are clearly a regressions.

Hey folks, so it looks like this might be due to corruption in some files during upgrade, most likely caused by FC Clickable cockpit.

Try uninstalling the modules completely, and doing a repair (if in Steam, do an file integrity check) and reinstall the module.

I'm not at home at the moment, but I do indeed have the FC3 clickable cockpit mod active. I'll try with the mod disabled or uninstalled on Thursday when I get back home.

50 minutes ago, r2dseu said:

Hey folks, so it looks like this might be due to corruption in some files during upgrade, most likely caused by FC Clickable cockpit.

Try uninstalling the modules completely, and doing a repair (if in Steam, do an file integrity check) and reinstall the module.

I haven't ever used the clickable mod.  I use a WinWing Orion ver1 and my HOTAS binds are fine in 2.9 and I haven't flown in the -15C since early 2.8.

This doesn't make it a non-issue, just adding for troubleshooting.

F-15C_Keybinds.png

Went to use the FC3 F-15C and HOTAS bindings were gone…Did a repair and they came back. Tried again after logging off/on and the bindings gone again…did a repair again and they were back…Ideas anyone? Thanks.
They should be on User/Saved games/OpenBeta

you can click on the input column and load them from that location IIRC

Enviado desde mi ELE-L29 mediante Tapatalk

I can confirm that after removing the Clickable-FC3 mod and then running .\DCS_updater.exe repair from the installation bin folder the issue went away.

I can easily live without the mod (which is cool, if for nothing else, for all the labels/tooltips it gives you), but I can't live without HOTAS in F-15C. 🙂 I'm not sure whether this is solvable by ED or whether the mod authors have to update it for 2.9.

• Solution
18 hours ago, virgo47 said:

I can confirm that after removing the Clickable-FC3 mod and then running .\DCS_updater.exe repair from the installation bin folder the issue went away.

I tested as well without Clickable-FC3 with same result: this is not ED's issue. Redk0d (author of the mod) did progress with F-15C more than with other FC3s, so perhaps unintentionally the modifications he made did collide with ED's changes.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...