Authorization failed after updating to 2.9

O_Edge
Go to solution Solved by rob10,

10 minutes ago, ggrewe said:

Seems its a binding issue between your steam & stand alone DCS.

but the OP clearly said that "As far as I can say my Steam account is not binded to the DCS account."

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Apologies, I see that now.

I had just sorted my 403 error out, by finding that thread.

Further on says the following:

BIGNEWY

On 10/9/2023 at 3:29 PM, RLSinCO said:

I don't know if this is the "only me" scenario, but this morning I too got the 403 error when accessing DCS via Steam (FYI - this is the ONLY way I play DCS - via Steam). 

However, I never did bind my licensing to DCS standalone.  I have verified this be accessing my DCS account profile, and it is showing as unbound.

What happens now please?

you should contact support directly if you get the 403 error and if steam is not bound to stand alone. 

Please contact technical support here 
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/
or email support@digitalcombatsimulator.com

The guide below will help you provide the data needed.
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/support_ticket/

Thank you
Eagle Dynamic

Edited by ggrewe
  • Like 1

• Solution
2 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

but the OP clearly said that "As far as I can say my Steam account is not binded to the DCS account."

In fairness, there are a number of people in that and other 403 threads who said they didn't have it bound but then came back and reported it was bound and that was their problem.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
Am 20.10.2023 um 23:24 schrieb rob10:

In fairness, there are a number of people in that and other 403 threads who said they didn't have it bound but then came back and reported it was bound and that was their problem.

Hey guys, thank you so much for your comments. Indeed I found out, that the accounts were in fact bound, which was a surprise to me since I can't remember I did it. I never use the DCS account, so I might have done it a few years ago and just don't remember.

So "rob10" 🙂 I'm one of them 🙂 ... sorry for that. Anyway... thanks again for your help!!!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, O_Edge said:

Hey guys, thank you so much for your comments. Indeed I found out, that the accounts were in fact bound, which was a surprise to me since I can't remember I did it. I never use the DCS account, so I might have done it a few years ago and just don't remember.

So "rob10" 🙂 I'm one of them 🙂 ... sorry for that. Anyway... thanks again for your help!!!!

Thanks for reporting back.  Your report may convince someone else to double check and save them a bunch of grief.  I've done things that I'd have said there was no way I had done, so I totally get it 🙂.