Reverb G2 OpenXR hand controller does not work since 2.9

Grennymaster

VR controllers don't work for me either since the update. Tried CV1, Q2 + Pro (Air Link), Q3 + stock (Virtual Desktop) and G2. Someone else already opened up a thread saying their Index Knuckles won't show up either. So I highly suspect it's a general issue not related to any specific headset / set of controllers. It's stimply just broken currently and all we can do is patiently wait for a fix.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I just loaded up first time in 2.9, and yes my hand controllers were "gone".   But while in VR, I went to  Config->VR,  The "Use Hand Controllers" had been turned OFF.   I think that used to be a check box, now is a drop down.   I selected Hand Controllers (and not Tracker) and they seem to be working.   (HP Reverb G2 w/ Controllers).  Did not make any other setting changes in other tools - left them all the same.  

Edit: Not sure about the buttons yet.  I had Esc and Zoom on and those don't appear to be working.

Edited by Bertcoin
  • Like 1

The same with Quest 2 controllers. They are just absent as control devices completely. Refresh devices has no effect.

i5-13600KF / RTX4080/ 32GB DDR4 3000 / Quest 2

FFBeast Flight-stick base with VKB MCG Ultimate + 200 mm extension, FFBeast Marksman-XX Rudder Pedals

23 minutes ago, Sparviero1978 said:

For Quest 2: when in game, just go in option than de-select and re-select hand controller, they came alive

This seems to be the only walk-around at this moment.

Verified on quest 2 with VD streaming and Quest Link.

8 hours ago, Dogmanbird said:

Bertcoin, are you using a pointcntrol device? I wonder if that's why you are seeing different options to the other users?

I'm using the standard hand controllers that come with the HP Reverb G2.  I can hardly remember, but when I moved from Oculus 1 to Reverb G2, I set up something simple in OpenXR to get the left X and Y buttons and the right A button to be visible in the DCS config tools so I could do Center Cockpit View, Escape (menu), and VR Zoom respectively.  

Note that when in 2D I see a checkbox on the VR tab.  When in VR, I see a drop down. (see image)

13 hours ago, Dogmanbird said:

Hi Bertcoin. What options do you have to choose from in the drop down?

When in VR only: Config menu.  VR tab.  Drop down on right is "Hand Controllers".   Under that is unchecked everything except Hand Interaction Onl When Palm Grip is Obtained (Use on both hands).  (see image).

12 hours ago, Grennymaster said:

Berticon, do you use OpenXR or Steam VR. maybe there is a difference. for me there is just controller off and leapmotion in the drop down

I am using OpenXR.  My controllers worked fine today on multi-player Persian Gulf including the three buttons I have configured (the only ones I could get working before).

image.png

Edited by Bertcoin
  • Thanks 2

Thanks Bertcoin.

Interesting - I don't have a controllers option in the drop down using DCS' own openxr. Might be because I have leap software installed?

but it seems there is hope and we might figure out a workaround till ed gets it fixed

Just wanted to mention - if I connect my Leap v2, my hands will track if I choose ultraleap from the drop down, so it does appear to work for me

Edited by Dogmanbird

Halleluiah!

I uninstalled the leap motion Gemini application, restarted PC and I now have the options Bertcoin has. 

The "tracker" option in the drop down menu lets the Quest 3 use it's hand tracking to point at things (does not require OXRTK or other software)

Tracking is a bit wonky and not as good as a leapv2 with additional infrared lights illuminating the cockpit area, but it's still usable. 

Edited by Dogmanbird
  • Thanks 1

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Dogmanbird:

Halleluiah!

I uninstalled the leap motion Gemini application, restarted PC and I now have the options Bertcoin has. 

The "tracker" option in the drop down menu lets the Quest 3 use it's hand tracking to point at things (does not require OXRTK or other software)

Tracking is a bit wonky and not as good as a leapv2 with additional infrared lights illuminating the cockpit area, but it's still usable. 

Hell yeah, this workes for me to 🙂 thx alot guys 🙂

• Like 1

My VR with Quest 2 problem is slightly different.   Hand controllers work, but do not have the green/blue line from fingertip to X, just see the X.  Using MT SP.  Lines do show up in ST, not MT.   When first using 2.9B I would turn off hand controllers and then turn back on and that cured the problem but a few days into the new beta it no longer changes.

I-9 12900K, RTX 3090, 64 GB, 2TB SSD, Oculus Quest 2, Win 11, Winwing Orion F-16EX Stick, F-18 dual throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals.

13 hours ago, Grennymaster said:

do you have an Ultraleap divice? and have you tried uninstalling it?

I'm using the basic controllers that are coming with the Oculus Quest 2 device. For the past years they worked straight out of the box for DCS, no settings adjustments required.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Vagabooned:

I'm using the basic controllers that are coming with the Oculus Quest 2 device. For the past years they worked straight out of the box for DCS, no settings adjustments required.

crap, so on quest it seems to be a different Problem .(