AMD Radeon not good after 2.9 patch

SirBenn21

On 10/21/2023 at 2:00 AM, SirBenn21 said:

Hey all.

Not too sure if anyone else is having this problem with their AMD Radeon graphics card? Everything seams fuzzy in general with lots of ghosting and after the patch.

I initially made no changes to my settings, but putting on FSR made no improvement. In fact, I also started getting micro stutters.

It was running perfect before the patch.

I have a 6900XT on a decent PC.

Anyone else?

Have you tried ditching the unholy child called FSR 2.0 and run RSR instead? 

TAA needs tweaking. Gone back to MSAA x 2 . 

• Like 1

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

Hello There. 

I have to say 2.9 especially with SSS and TAA (sharpening 0.7)enabled me the first time to enable Full Shadows without flickering / late or wired build up and almost no performance hit.
Where as with MSAA and 2.8 I had Terrain Shadows off due to performance and immersion-breaking effects as described above.

I am on a stock 6800XT 250W (Adrenaline Settings: Target Framerate at 59FPS and Sharpening at max) . The card is 65-89 percent at times 99% close to the ground.
I do not use and neither believe in upscaling. This is a simulation and not counterstrike. Fidelity is highest priority, DLSS and FSR are not targeting Fidelity

So in my humble opinion TAA is where the DEVS should invest their efforts it would benefit AMD and NVIDIA owners. There is still minor ghosting and could look more detailed from further away i.e. But the Performance gain is massive.

DCS Settings at 4K (only thing I changed in the meantime is to enable Clutter Grass to Max):

TAA3.jpg

TAA4.jpg

Edited by HansPeter1981

My System specs: Cpu 5800x3d liquid cooled GPU 7900XTX Ram 32GB 3600mhz cl16 Motherboard B550M MSI, Windows 10 PRO on NVMe Drive, DCS on its own SSD, Monitor Philips 32" 4k curved adaptive Sync framerate capped at 59fps, Trackir 5, VKB 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2023 at 5:24 AM, Comstedt86 said:

FSR2 is not available, it's old school FSR1 with TAA applied currently in DCS.

• NEW: Added support for AMD FSR 2, FidelityFX Super Resolution (FSR) also using an upscaling algorithm to improve performance. Also like DLSS, it will have little to no effect if you are CPU-limited. WIP.

On 11/11/2023 at 10:29 AM, Gogsie59 said:
  • NEW: Added support for AMD FSR 2, FidelityFX Super Resolution (FSR) also using an upscaling algorithm to improve performance. Also like DLSS, it will have little to no effect if you are CPU-limited. WIP.

Looking at the files the only hint of FSR is FSR1 

"AMD FidelityFX SUPER RESOLUTION [FSR 1] ::: SPATIAL SCALING & EXTRAS - v1.20210629"

• Like 1

Hey guys I upgraded from a 6900XT to 7900XTX running 64gb of ram and a CPU 5800X3d. OS Windows 11. I ran a quest 3 into VD, switched from Steam VR and Open XR. Everything was running great and now I'm getting terrible spikes and stutters. Ive switched back and forth between every Codec and steam vr and open XR. CAn anyone offer me advice I'm getting really tired of this and really got want to go Nividea. 

• 1 month later...

Well, it looks as though using any of the available options cause blurry scenery and leave afterimages/ghost trails behind moving objects. I've turned that setting off, using no anti aliasing in game, and applying a few of the tricks in reshade. It is only AMD users such as me, that get those effects, I think. The frames were still good, but those undesirable effects were a deal breaker.

• 1 month later...

I'm no computer wiz so what I'm saying may be completely wrong. I've been using upscaling with sharpening set all the way up and instead of FSR I use NIS. The ghosting problem is there regardless if I have it set the either FSR or NIS. Anyone with an Nvidia card having this issue?

AMD Ryzen 9 5900 - AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT - 64GB 3200 - Win 11 - 2 TB SSD (game drive) - Quest 3.

4 hours ago, ddc196 said:

I'm no computer wiz so what I'm saying may be completely wrong. I've been using upscaling with sharpening set all the way up and instead of FSR I use NIS. The ghosting problem is there regardless if I have it set the either FSR or NIS. Anyone with an Nvidia card having this issue?

FSR and NIS are not great methods of upscaling. They create very smudgy images. Have you instead tried using Quad Views Foveated Rendering in fixed mode so that you can reduce the peripheral resolution. It takes a bit of getting used to but your central vision will be sharp and you can increase performance by about 30%. It works with a rift s. I have tried it. In fact, the rift s has slightly blurry periphery anyway so it's not that noticable. 

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro

Not sure what you mean by quad views.

Edit: Looked it up. I'll wait on DCS to implement support for that. But honestly, I'll probably have a new computer with and Nvidia card by then.

Edited by ddc196

AMD Ryzen 9 5900 - AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT - 64GB 3200 - Win 11 - 2 TB SSD (game drive) - Quest 3.

On 2/20/2024 at 2:17 AM, ddc196 said:

Not sure what you mean by quad views.

Edit: Looked it up. I'll wait on DCS to implement support for that. But honestly, I'll probably have a new computer with and Nvidia card by then.

Your ghosting might be due to low FPS or using asynchronous space warp. Have you tried disabling ASW? 

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro