Please help! Crash Issue already 5 weeks. DCS crashes in Beta and stable after Blue Loading Bar finishes only runs after deleting config file and run at lowest setting (previous version) but now also in 2.29

Dutchmill64

Your version installed from:
DCS website

Specifics of the problem
DCS crashes and doesn't work only after deleting config in saved games folder. Sometimes it does work after deleting config and after adjust new steeings but then it crashes the next time I run DCS and the story repeats it self..

Issue started about 5 weeks ago.

PC specs
Operating system: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro (10.0, Build 22621)

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz 6/12 0,0v

Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG MAXIMUS X FORMULA

RAM: 32 GB

Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti (12 GB)

Monitor: AOC International (USA) Ltd. U34G2G4R3 (3440x1440 / 34,1 Inch)

Hard disk1: Samsung SSD 840 PRO Series (1,8 TB/Fixed hard disk media)

Hard disk2: Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB (931,5 GB/Fixed hard disk media)

Hard disk3: Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB (232,9 GB/Fixed hard disk media)

Hard disk4: ST2000DX002-2DV164 (238,5 GB/Fixed hard disk media)

Hard disk5: Seagate Expansion Desk SCSI Disk Device (9,1 TB/External hard disk media)

Hard disk6: Samsung SSD 980 PRO with Heatsink 2TB (1,8 TB/Fixed hard disk media)

Describe your problem in detail
Whenever DCS is finished loading and wants to start the sim (Blue loading bars are full) Then the game crashes. When I delete de saved games config dir it works again but with the startup settings. Already repaired a dozen of times, deleted everything and reinstalled all a couple of times with older version AND with stable version! Same result. After 2.29 update I changed the settings to high and immediately run the sim it worked as a charm BUT after exiting and starting it again the next day same issue.... crash again!!! This issue already over a month. Also reinstalled NVIDIA drivers. It never used to be an issue could run the sim with everything at high settings. RTX 3080Ti

I have already uploaded the latest Crash Reports to the server
Yes

dcs.log-20231022-100617.zip dcs.log dcs.log-20231022-101346.zip dcs.log.old dcs.log-20231010-182403.zip dcs.log-20231020-092039.zip

hello. i looked at your most recent crash log. here is what i am noting

is K one of your SSD drives?

2023-10-22 10:02:21.972 INFO    APP (Main): Command line: "K:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin-mt/DCS.exe"

you should increase you RAM or create a 32 GB pagefile. missions can use 50 GB. or decrease DCS graphics options.

2023-10-22 10:02:21.973 INFO    APP (Main): CPU cores: 6, threads: 12, System RAM: 32696 MB, Pagefile: 13312 MB

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/increase-page-file-size-virtual-memory-windows

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

I run DCS from a separate 2TB SSD, and also moved the saved games folder there (do that via Windows !! ).

Also a 2GB pagefile on a separate Harddisk partition. Keep around 200MB pagefile active on your drive C as well!.

Edited by jackd

if you crash that often.  for that long

You should contact ED support directly. Dev will reply in a few working hours.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/

Based on the context I found in the dmp file. Your most crashes are all related to the lua loading and memory alloc processes in Edcore.dll.  make sure you have cleaned up and repaired all your game . Monitoring your memory usage during loading.

anyway. Just create a ticket and contact the developer. We can't see through those memory dumps.

Thank you Insonia (and others). Indeed I also contacted ED support, thnks. I enlarged my Page File to 50GB (recommended 35GB). It did the trick for a day or 2 but then it started again.

Latest support advise to upgrade my Mobo Bios. So I will try to find a way to update my ASUS MAXIMUS X Bios.

Thanks to all for your help. Thnks for taking the time to examine my dmp files, I tried to but it gives me no clue where to go. So I am greatful for all feedback and hints.

The last month only able to do a couple of flights after many crashes, rapairs, totall repairs, new installs (even non Beta version). At leased I learned to make a backup from my saved games config input files..... pfff. Putting back all the settings for pilot an RIO's frm F14, F-15e, F-18, F16 on my Winwing Orion 2 throttle and Virpil joystick.

Edited by Dutchmill64

• 4 weeks later...

Suddenly, after 2 months and a couple of Microsoft, NVIDIA and DCS updates its working again. No more graphic related crashes.

After simming with highest settings and turning of PC. DCS runs flawless again withhout grapic related crash.

Thanks for all your support.

• Like 2