Windows Stopcode Error

crazyeddie

I'm getting this when I run a large size mission, can anyone point me in the right direction for fixes.

It's only happening when I run a DCS mission, not at any other time. It's not happening on small missions with just a few aircraft involved. 

CRITICAL-PROCESS-DIED-1.png

Device name    
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6850K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz
Installed RAM    32.0 GB (31.8 GB usable)
Device ID    727152B4-948B-4D79-86AB-B8B2B3FFA6A0
Product ID    00326-10000-00000-AA335
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Nvidia GTX 1080

Windows 10 Version 22H2

Edited by crazyeddie

3 hours ago, crazyeddie said:

I'm getting this when I run a large size mission, can anyone point me in the right direction for fixes.

It's only happening when I run a DCS mission, not at any other time. It's not happening on small missions with just a few aircraft involved. 

hello. post your dcs.log. there may be clues. this is a windows error. there may be something outside of dcs that has a problem.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

I cant get a dcs log from this error, it crashes my PC back to zero and no log is created.

What I have noticed is that its only happening the first time I run a more complex mission immediately after a game update, and only sometimes, not always.

Every time I run that mission again when there has not been an update, it works fine.  

Game update - Run the mission - Crashes

Normal Load the Game - Run the mission - No problems. 

49 minutes ago, crazyeddie said:

I cant get a dcs log from this error, it crashes my PC back to zero and no log is created.

What I have noticed is that its only happening the first time I run a more complex mission immediately after a game update, and only sometimes, not always.

Every time I run that mission again when there has not been an update, it works fine.  

Game update - Run the mission - Crashes

Normal Load the Game - Run the mission - No problems. 

you are likely having a windows issue and dcs is triggering the issue. 

Step 1: Running SFC Scan on computer. 

-To do that, you just need boot again your computer with command prompt and type sfc /scannow and hit enter. It will going to find any integrity issues and violations on your computer and will attempt to repair it.

Step 2: Run DISM to repair corrupted windows image

-Once SCF completes it scan, you need to run the below command one at a time to repair any windows corrupted images.

*Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

*Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

*Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Step 3: Run Check Disk on your computer

-On the same windows command prompt you can try to run check disk on your computer to check to repair both  file system errors and scan for and recover bad sectors. To do this just type chkdsk /r on the command prompt and hit enter. Wait for the process to complete and restart your computer.

also do memory tests on your system.

Edited by silverdevil

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

59 minutes ago, crazyeddie said:

Thanks silverdevil, I will do that.

I have had an issue with Win 10 updates recently which  my local repair guy fixed, it might be related to that. 

I think your right, its a Windows issue, not a game issue. 

Many thanks.

no problem. if you need any assistance, please come back. i am a sysadmin by trade. i may have some insights to help.

• Like 1

Still getting this problem, now at any time during the game.  The StopCode error says it is Nvidia related.

I managed to get a log this time, I dont know what I'm looking for so any help would be appreciated.

The log file was too big to upload so I hade to zip it up - my game is heavily modified (It was working faultlessly until 2.9)

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/fmc91hgawq59kp16r5hg8/dcs.log.zip?rlkey=jqfwg5eqsfrjue370mto6rcxl&dl=0

1 hour ago, crazyeddie said:

Still getting this problem, now at any time during the game.  The StopCode error says it is Nvidia related.

I managed to get a log this time, I dont know what I'm looking for so any help would be appreciated.

The log file was too big to upload so I hade to zip it up - my game is heavily modified (It was working faultlessly until 2.9)

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/fmc91hgawq59kp16r5hg8/dcs.log.zip?rlkey=jqfwg5eqsfrjue370mto6rcxl&dl=0

now that i have seen a log, you do have lots of mods. keep in mind that mods are likely behind the times when it comes to dcs patch. you need to check to see if there are updated. so i recommend disabling your mods as a test. one other thing about some mods. you are getting IC fail messages in the log. you probably will not be able online.

the logs just stops indicating you had a stop error as you noted. can you check the event viewer for the exact message?

https://www.auslogics.com/en/articles/find-out-the-cause-of-event-manager-bsod/

Thanks silverdevil, I dont play online as such so my 'many' mods are not an IC issue.  Most of them are simpler Mods, many home made for my own fun, so I appreciate that is going to cause issues. 

I found something else I had overlooked, I thought I had updated my Nvidia driver a while back, but didnt, so have caught up with that.  Just before the crashes I noticed my pc was going into overdrive as it tried to do whatever it was trying to do, close the game down in most cases, that appears to have stopped, so I might be okay but I will have a look at that event log as you suggest.

• Like 1

The three times it has happened today this is what its reporting - I use AVG Internet Security 

Does this tell you anything ?

Log Name:      System
Source:        Service Control Manager
Date:          30/10/2023 14:32:44
Event ID:      7000
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      xxxxx-PC
Description:
The AvgWscReporter service failed to start due to the following error: 
The system cannot find the file specified.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Service Control Manager" Guid="{555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}" EventSourceName="Service Control Manager" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="49152">7000</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2023-10-30T14:32:44.1651030Z" />
    <EventRecordID>608187</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="596" ThreadID="8016" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>Eddie-PC</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data Name="param1">AvgWscReporter</Data>
    <Data Name="param2">%%2</Data>
    <Binary>4100760067005700730063005200650070006F0072007400650072000000</Binary>
  </EventData>
</Event>

15 minutes ago, crazyeddie said:

Thanks silverdevil, I dont play online as such so my 'many' mods are not an IC issue.  Most of them are simpler Mods, many home made for my own fun, so I appreciate that is going to cause issues. 

I found something else I had overlooked, I thought I had updated my Nvidia driver a while back, but didnt, so have caught up with that.  Just before the crashes I noticed my pc was going into overdrive as it tried to do whatever it was trying to do, close the game down in most cases, that appears to have stopped, so I might be okay but I will have a look at that event log as you suggest.

good to hear you have some idea of the cause. good luck and clear skies.

PS i posted after you posted. i will look.

you could try disabling AVG to test. a post i saw about same error mentioned DISM. did you do those steps from earlier post?

Step 1: Running SFC Scan on computer. 

-To do that, you just need boot again your computer with command prompt and type sfc /scannow and hit enter. It will going to find any integrity issues and violations on your computer and will attempt to repair it.

Step 2: Run DISM to repair corrupted windows image

-Once SCF completes it scan, you need to run the below command one at a time to repair any windows corrupted images.

*Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

*Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

*Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Step 3: Run Check Disk on your computer

-On the same windows command prompt you can try to run check disk on your computer to check to repair both  file system errors and scan for and recover bad sectors. To do this just type chkdsk /r on the command prompt and hit enter. Wait for the process to complete and restart your computer.

Edited by silverdevil

I went further back in the log and found this:

I think this is the first crash I had today, this entry was repeated about 50 times !!

Log Name:      System
Source:        nvlddmkm
Date:          30/10/2023 14:30:42
Event ID:      14
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      Eddie-PC
Description:
The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event: 

\Device\Video3
CMDre 00000005 00000ffc ffffffff 00000007 00ffffff

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="nvlddmkm" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="49322">14</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2023-10-30T14:30:42.0194766Z" />
    <EventRecordID>608117</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="11436" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>Eddie-PC</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>\Device\Video3</Data>
    <Data>CMDre 00000005 00000ffc ffffffff 00000007 00ffffff</Data>
    <Binary>0000000002003000000000000E00AAC0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000</Binary>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Sorry, not ignoring you, been a busy few days with a couple of health issues that I have to deal with on a regular basis these days !.

What is DDU method, I'm not familiar with that ?

I have updated the driver in the usual way through Advanced System Care software that I use and no more game crash issues so far. An awful lot of stuff is not working as it did after 2.9, so I am slowly sorting that out as well. 

38 minutes ago, crazyeddie said:

Sorry, not ignoring you, been a busy few days with a couple of health issues that I have to deal with on a regular basis these days !.

What is DDU method, I'm not familiar with that ?

I have updated the driver in the usual way through Advanced System Care software that I use and no more game crash issues so far. An awful lot of stuff is not working as it did after 2.9, so I am slowly sorting that out as well. 

Download DDU. (Portable/Self Extractor), and extract it.

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4731

Download latest display driver.

Press LWin+R and type "msconfig", press enter.

image.png

Select the "Boot" tab, and check "Safe Boot".

image.png

Press OK and reboot. (Auto into "Safe Mode")

image.png

Read and check relevant option for you!

Click "Clean and Restart". Might take a little while.
Reboot, back into "Safe Mode".
Run MSConfig, "Boot" tab, uncheck "Safe Mode".
Reboot and you're done.

Cheers!