Thanks.

Bosun

When I first started flying simulators, it was the early 90s.  I remember flying around what would require severe imagination intervention to call 'pyramids', and the first time I saw a 'cloud' in a game that I could fly around, was a WW1 sim by Microprose in which the clouds were solid block objects - and it felt so immersive back when games started implementing cloud 'layers', just prior to several titles pioneering the 'rotating face object' clouds.  

And now, 30 years into flying simulators, the work that has been done to create immersive and captivating escapism truly leaves me amazed every time I play.  I honestly can say that I get as much enjoyment out of simply flying around the maps, as I do in active engagements with enemy units. Sometimes more enjoyment if I lose the engagement.  😛

All that to say - just, thanks.  Thanks for all the work you all do. This is a luxury industry, to be sure, but for someone that needs to be able to look at a beautiful sunset in the darker winter months of northern latitudes in order to remain sane - you've done it.  You've really done it.  To be able to so clearly explore the sky as the young boy in me still gets thrilled to do, you keep the youthful energy of exploration, the marvel of technology and the stunning highlights of our natural world in wonderful definition.  

Thanks. 
(edit - whoever created your sunset is worth every raise you're about to give them.)

image.jpeg

Edited by Bosun
  • Like 14

• ED Team
On 10/27/2023 at 5:26 PM, Bosun said:

When I first started flying simulators, it was the early 90s.  I remember flying around what would require severe imagination intervention to call 'pyramids', and the first time I saw a 'cloud' in a game that I could fly around, was a WW1 sim by Microprose in which the clouds were solid block objects - and it felt so immersive back when games started implementing cloud 'layers', just prior to several titles pioneering the 'rotating face object' clouds.  

And now, 30 years into flying simulators, the work that has been done to create immersive and captivating escapism truly leaves me amazed every time I play.  I honestly can say that I get as much enjoyment out of simply flying around the maps, as I do in active engagements with enemy units. Sometimes more enjoyment if I lose the engagement.  😛

All that to say - just, thanks.  Thanks for all the work you all do. This is a luxury industry, to be sure, but for someone that needs to be able to look at a beautiful sunset in the darker winter months of northern latitudes in order to remain sane - you've done it.  You've really done it.  To be able to so clearly explore the sky as the young boy in me still gets thrilled to do, you keep the youthful energy of exploration, the marvel of technology and the stunning highlights of our natural world in wonderful definition.  

Thanks. 
(edit - whoever created your sunset is worth every raise you're about to give them.)

image.jpeg

Thank you Bosun for the feedback, kind words and for being with us on our journey. 

all the best to you

Scott / bignewy
Associate producer 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2