Offset Aimpoint

foxl
Go to solution Solved by Moonshine,

Hi.

I was watching a training video on how to make offsett aim points using the TGP.

When using the TGP you make a SPI, and then by pressing OSB-10 you change from STP to OA1 (offset aimpoint 1) and then make another SPI so you can cycle two targets. This seems like a very handy method to cycle targets within a single SPI as far as i understand it. And you can even have two offset aimpoints so total 3 targets withing a single SPI if you want.

But when i try to replicate this it does not work, i just stays in STP and does not give me OA1 on the MFD. what im doing wrong here, or have i just misunderstood offset aimpoint functionabillity?

Regards

Foxl 

• Solution
14 hours ago, foxl said:

Hi.

I was watching a training video on how to make offsett aim points using the TGP.

When using the TGP you make a SPI, and then by pressing OSB-10 you change from STP to OA1 (offset aimpoint 1) and then make another SPI so you can cycle two targets. This seems like a very handy method to cycle targets within a single SPI as far as i understand it. And you can even have two offset aimpoints so total 3 targets withing a single SPI if you want.

But when i try to replicate this it does not work, i just stays in STP and does not give me OA1 on the MFD. what im doing wrong here, or have i just misunderstood offset aimpoint functionabillity?

Regards

Foxl 

Offset Aimpoints are not intended as targets, see the comment from Raptor linked here, in addition, the video showing it is outdated, refer to the changes listed in the viper mini update thread also linked below. hope that helps.

in order to use Offset aimpoints you have to first input them in the DED DEST page to the respective steerpoint 

Edited by Moonshine