Kitty Hawk or Forrestal Class Supercarrier

Asphelite

[I couldnt find anyone bringing this up in this forum, excuse me if it has already been requested in some other form]
With the addition of the incredible F-4 Phantom to DCS, Id love to see the Supercarrier Module receive a Kitty Hawk or Forrestal Class Unit.

Given how much Cold War era planes we are getting, with many of these planes having fought in the Vietnam war, I think it would be very cool to have a Vietnam Era Carrier (in addition to the USS Forrestal).

Examples: USS Independence, USS Constellation, ...
Only thing missing then would be a Vietnam Map 😜

• Like 2

I would love CV 67 USS John F. Kennedy (which can be thought of as a Kittyhawk subvariant), but probably for different reasons (I'm trying to have appropriate Atlantic carriers in my missions dated late 1983 - mid 1984).

We do have Forrestal, but depicted in a post SLEP (i.e post mid 1985) configuration, which better fits the majority of the carrier aircraft we've got and/or getting. The current F-14A-135-GR starts at the mid 90s, the F-14B starts at the late 80s, the early F-14A-135-GR starts at the mid 80s. The A-7E will be late 80s and the A-6E is at least a TRAM (so post Vietnam - late 1970s), if its a WCSI or a SWIP, that puts it in the 80s or 90s respectively. Heatblur are planning to complete the Forrestal classes, but for the time being I'd assume they're going to be in a post SLEP or otherwise 1980s/90s fit.

So far the only carrier-based Vietnam-era aircraft announced is the F-8J Crusader and the AH-1H Skyraider.

For the former the best fit is a post SCB-125 Essex/Ticonderoga as that's what they were based on (good thing here is that 4 Essex carriers are still around). Though they both would've operated Skyraiders in the mid-ish 60s.

Magnitude 3 is doing a WWII-era Essex for their F4U, so maybe we'll get lucky and they'll do a WWII variant and a post SCB-125 variant for their Crusader.

• Like 3

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

1 hour ago, Northstar98 said:

I would love CV 67 USS John F. Kennedy (which can be thought of as a Kittyhawk subvariant), but probably for different reasons (I'm trying to have appropriate Atlantic carriers in my missions dated late 1983 - mid 1984).

I used -66 as an umbrella at Norfolk Navy Shipyard.  There's a picture of her in the dry dock somewhere, but our little dingy isn't visible.  She hung over the edges nicely.

Kitty is a good choice; there were four of them if you count the Kennedy, and they bridge the gap nicely for early carriers.

64 is Kitty Hawk class.  Flew everything on the current and upcoming list, took the F-18 out on it's first deployment, and I have a picture of those two aft hanger doors lined up.  Apparently, and I don't know if this is true, the Omani mercenary pilots wanted to scoot through those doors in their Hawks and were asking about dimensions...

Besides, we need something with a bridle catcher.

On the other hand once I'm off it a deck is a deck.  I don't give them a ton of thought as long as there are two runways and a couple wires in back.  The rest is pretty sparsely modeled and there's no sense of smell in DCS...  🙂

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Asphelite said:

...I think it would be very cool to have a Vietnam Era Carrier (in addition to the USS Forrestal).

Examples: USS Independence...

This is in HB's plans in the future:

https://trello.com/c/rXPorKBP

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

12 minutes ago, draconus said:

This is in HB's plans in the future:

https://trello.com/c/rXPorKBP

It may be in the plans but it may end up similar to the Forrestal (i.e post SLEP/1980s), i.e post Vietnam.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Yeah, more Super Carrier modules by ED would be stunning  in a long term future, with their characteristics  and lacks , and why not to tell, thus ending with  a tandem  USS Gerald R.Ford / Super Hornet  in the horizon.

• Like 1