New pilot 3D model removed kneeboard feature

Gierasimov
Go to solution Solved by BIGNEWY,

Hi, 

DCS 2.9.0.47168 Open Beta -- mentions only one known issue:

• Added New pilot model from first person (Work in progress). Known issues: The salute command doesn't work when using option Afterburner detent.

However, another one is the kneeboard that seems to skip on displaying pages from the or the information brought by the past update (DCS 2.7.14.23966 Open Beta):

• Added Additional carrier data to the kneeboard - ATC frequency, TACAN and ILCS channel.
  • Like 2

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• ED Team
  • Solution

Hi, 

kneeboard functionality is work in progress for the new pilot model. 

thank you

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I really prefer the pilot model on whenever possible (as long as I don't need to see or interact with anything under my arms) but I don't like seeing my own head and helmet in the way when checking six. Can we have an option to at least turn our pilot model's heads off? (And same for the Apache which has this same issue.) I'd rather see a headless neck than have my view blocked by a representation of my head that isn't even tracking where I'm looking (as it doesn't seem to be able to turn past 90 degrees as pilot body motion isn't modeled like it is in the Tomcat). If it could track where we were looking then you could locate the camera just in front of the eyes so you'd never see your own face (except in the mirrors) but it doesn't seem to be designed for that.

Also the O2 hose flits from side to side, always on the side you're looking towards.

Another way to do it would be automatic, depending on where your head is pointing. Even if there was an option to just make the pilot body turn off momentarily when you looked down at a side panel that would be good and save us from having to hit the keyboard or waste a controller switch on it.

Just going to add my voice here to say I miss the kneeboard being on the 3d pilot model for VR use... particularly since the kneeboard on the new 3d pilot model is so big and would be a great readability improvement over what we had with the old 3d pilot model!

• Like 1

Do you use VR? Do you feel sad when you are just a dismbodied set of eyes floating in the cockpit? Check out my list of paid aircraft modules that support the visible virtual pilot body: