"Warning Autopilot" cant turn the AP on

PSYKOnz

im at my wits end with this,

i have tried for the better part of an hour to get the su33 autopilot to work and it won't, every time I hit the auto pilot button I get

WARNING AUTOPILOT and a red light

it will not turn on, not in general not in any specific mode

I've chased every forum thread about it too

not using FFP, and my dead zones are now massive, i have made sure that none of the inputs of my sticks are overriding anything even remotely to do with them, I did not have this issue when flew the su27 24 hours ago

what am I missing?

Tomcat, Tomcat über allen

On 11/3/2023 at 11:58 PM, PSYKOnz said:

im at my wits end with this,

i have tried for the better part of an hour to get the su33 autopilot to work and it won't, every time I hit the auto pilot button I get

WARNING AUTOPILOT and a red light

it will not turn on, not in general not in any specific mode

I've chased every forum thread about it too

not using FFP, and my dead zones are now massive, i have made sure that none of the inputs of my sticks are overriding anything even remotely to do with them, I did not have this issue when flew the su27 24 hours ago

what am I missing?

Any mods? Especially but not limited to the FC3 clickable cockpit mod.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

FFB, force feed back, the p was a typo

No clickable Cockpit for fc3 mod

A4 and CAM are the only mods I have on

Only having the issue with the su33, happens in instant action, user made missions, air start, hot start and cold start

I have tried and used the successfully in, f15c, su25t, su27 

I'll put a track together tonight and upload

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PSYKOnz said:

...A4 and CAM are the only mods I have on...

Please remove the mods and see if the issue persists.

Edited by Ironhand

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

FFB, force feed back, the p was a typo
No clickable Cockpit for fc3 mod
A4 and CAM are the only mods I have on
Only having the issue with the su33, happens in instant action, user made missions, air start, hot start and cold start
I have tried and used the successfully in, f15c, su25t, su27 
I'll put a track together tonight and upload
Duh! I see. Thanks. Was thinking maybe you were referring to the AAR mode being off.
Cheers!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, PSYKOnz said:

Mods removed no improvement 

I'm at a loss for what it could be, it works fine for all other fc3 Aircraft, I'll try get a track up soon was unable to today 

It’ll be interesting to see what happens in your TRK. All modes work fine on my end.

Just a thought. Is there, by any chance, a failure set in the mission? It’s been awhile since I set one in the ME, but I think AP failure was one.

_____

10 hours ago, PSYKOnz said:

AP FAIL.trk 185.74 kB · 2 downloads

Here is the track, and here's a video 

I've been doing some more testing and it seems that this issue is effecting the su33 and the mig29 (all variants) the rest of the FC3 aircraft are fine

I'm at a loss I don't really know what's happening

Very strange, indeed. If I take over your track right at the start, I have your issue. If I start it as a mission, there are no issues. The AP works fine. I notice that your voice warnings are in English. Is that selected in the sim?

Edit: So clearly something on your end is amiss. If I start it with your settings, etc (in other words, play it as a track file), the issue persists. OTOH, if I start it as a mission, there’s no issue. I tried some edits to try and pinpoint what it might be but, so far, no joy. But it definitely something that would get saved to the track file that’s causing it.

You might want to rename your DCS folder in Saved Games and let the sim create a new one. Then see if the problem still exists with the new.

Edit 2: Thinking that it might be something in the track section's options.lua, I tried replacing it. No difference. So I'm at a loss, unless it has something to do with VR.

Edited by Ironhand

_____

I'm not using vr, just standard dcs and as far as I know the audio in English was a aetting in the options menu, very weird, interesting that it doesn't happen to you when you start it as a mission, I'll do a repair just incase and see if that helps, it's just weird cause I'm not really running any mods

But so far I'm at a loss

Edited by PSYKOnz

16 hours ago, PSYKOnz said:

I'm not using vr…

My mistake. They’ve added a VR section to the options.lua, since I had last checked one. I was thinking it was only there, if you were using VR. But that section is there for every track regardless.

Hope a repair does the trick.

Edited by Ironhand

_____

OK, FOUND IT

i rebuilt the SG folder, discovered that the issue was in the options lua

tested a bunch of things, turned out that 

"synchronise hostas controls at mission start" is the culprit

with that on i get the warning auto pilot issue, with that disabled i do not

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PSYKOnz said:

"synchronise hostas controls at mission start" is the culprit

with that on i get the warning auto pilot issue, with that disabled i do not

That'd mean some of your axis/bind state prevented the AP from working. I tested last night myself and couldn't replicate the problem but I always have the HOTAS sync option ON. Couldn't test your track due to the map I don't own.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

4 hours ago, PSYKOnz said:

after pouring over each and every control I found it

ASC Refueing mode

i had a toggle mapped to that by default on the Warthog throttle, un bound it and problem went away

Excellent! 🙂

_____