DCS 2.8 upgrade 2.9

Dragan
Go to solution Solved by Lange_666,

• Solution

If i'm correct, running DCS from the DCS shortcut launches DCS_Updater.exe (to be found in your install directory in de bin folder) which will offer to update your current DCS version to the latest. If you have Open Beta installed, you can already enjoy 2.9, you can have both Open Beta and Stable installed if you want.

Personally, i use SkateZilla's updater/launcher utility which besides launching and updating offers a lot more options to launch DCS. Can be used with both Open Beta and Stable.

• Like 2

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Now I'm going back to stable version 2.8, I installed Open beta 2.9 but I gave it up until it was all over,but I'd like to wait until the tests with Open beta 2.9 are finished, so I'd move to stable version, for that purpose I'm only interested in upgrading to a later stable version, I'm not a fan of Open beta versions.

Edited by Dragan

Now I'm going back to stable version 2.8, I installed Open beta 2.9 but I gave it up until it was all over,but I'd like to wait until the tests with Open beta 2.9 are finished, so I'd move to stable version, for that purpose I'm only interested in upgrading to a later stable version, I'm not a fan of Open beta versions.

Well, then you just have to wait. No one knows when. Could be before New Year , or it could be next year.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It will probably be like that, but the stable version is always safe,at least in a couple of days while I had it installed I saw all the new things coming, due to space on the SSD I can't keep both

Edited by Dragan
  • Like 1

Last year, at the beginning of December, the stable version 2.8 appeared, I saw the changelog from that period when the transition from 2.8 open beta happened, so I hope we won't wait at least too long in the worst case until spring, as some mentioned on the forum, 3 to 7 months..

Last year, at the beginning of December, the stable version 2.8 appeared, I saw the changelog from that period when the transition from 2.8 open beta happened, so I hope we won't wait at least too long in the worst case until spring, as some mentioned on the forum, 3 to 7 months..
This was a major update, with lots of things to fix. Both minor and major. So you can expect to wait for quite some time. And, if the F-4 drops before Stable goes 2.9, you can expect to wait even longer.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I doubt anyone could give you an accurate answer (including ED), but I agree with MAXsenna.  This was a major update so I doubt you'll see stable before spring.  My guess is that it might not update until they are comfortable with depreciating ST and going strictly MT (but that's just a guess).

• Like 2

Hello, does anyone know if we can get the last 2 updates for DCS 2.8 stable version. Specifically I mean update DCS 2.8.8.43489 and DCS 2.8.8.43704? Until DCS 2.9 stable version comes out if it won't be before next year already..

Edited by Dragan

19 minutes ago, rob10 said:

My guess is that it might not update until they are comfortable with depreciating ST and going strictly MT (but that's just a guess).

This is exactly I'm thinking too. Comments from moderators suggests that's what they want, to get rid of all the hassles with support and issues with two branches.

19 minutes ago, Dragan said:

Hello, does anyone know if we can get the last 2 updates for DCS 2.8 stable version. Specifically I mean update DCS 2.8.8.43489 and DCS 2.8.8.43704? Until DCS 2.9 stable version comes out if it won't be before next year already..

Get Skatezilla's app and punch in the numbers!

image.png

• Like 1

A complete changelog of all versions and there versionnumbers can be found here (OpenBeta first in the list, Stable more down).

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/changelog/

PS: SkateZilla's app is a must imo, makes DCS life very easy, even so if the new version still contains quite a few bugs.

Edited by Lange_666
  • Like 2

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!