VR POV Not Centered?

Gunthrek

So this is not a question about recentering my headset.  I have that set as a keybind on my HOTAS.  This is a question about the actual physical position of the POV from the VR perspective. 

I've noticed that the VR recenter key always makes me feel like I'm looking slightly to the left, and I've also noticed that the HUD shows more empty space (margin?) on the left side than the right when I close the opposite eye.  When I look straight down, I also get the impression I'm not actually completely centered in the cockpit.  All this seems to indicate that my POV is actually slightly to the right of center.

Is there a way to fix this?  The View Recenter option isn't adjusting anything like it does in 2D mode.

You should be able to move the camera to the right or left using keybinds. I always move it forward at mission start in the Viggen and that works. You have to do it in the beginning of every mission though, I have not found a way to edit the default position in a lua file but I guess thats possible for those that know how. And Im using VR also.

Edited by Fisherman82

I do the same as Fisherman82.
I center while in the hangar, then re-center once I'm in the aircraft (most of the time the view then shifts a bit compared to the hangar viewpoint) and depending on the aircraft, i move the camera a bit.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

This an 'old' 🙂 how-to:

Customisation Procedure

The keystroke RAlt+Num0 (default binding) will save the current view position against the last-selected Snap View, or against the "default" view if that was the last selected. The simplest procedure for customising a Snap View is as follows:

Center Camera View            RShift+Num5
Camera Move Back            RCtrl+RShift+Num/
Camera Move Center            RCtrl+RShift+Num5
Camera Move Down            RCtrl+RShift+Num2
Camera Move Forward            RCtrl+RShift+Num*
Camera Move Left            RCtrl+RShift+Num4
Camera Move Right            RCtrl+RShift+Num6
Camera Move Up                RCtrl+RShift+Num8

Customising a Snap View

- Set your current view up as you want it saved. Use RCtrl+RShift+NumX to move the view.
- Press LWin+NumN - NumN being whichever numeric keypad key you intend customising. Your view will briefly snap to whatever the current snap view setting is for that key, then return to your previous view.
- Press RAlt+Num0 - The snap view should now be saved.
- Test it by changing your view, then holding down LWin+NumX - you should see your customised snap view!

Customising the Default View

- Press Num5 to reset your view to the current default.
- Adjust your view (RCtrl+RShift+NumX) to what you want as the new default but do not use any snap view keys in the process!
- Press RALT+Num0 - your new default view should now be saved.
- Test it by changing your view, then pressing Num5 - your view should return to your customised default!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 11/15/2023 at 8:14 AM, hsth said:

Customising the Default View

- Press Num5 to reset your view to the current default.
- Adjust your view (RCtrl+RShift+NumX) to what you want as the new default but do not use any snap view keys in the process!
- Press RALT+Num0 - your new default view should now be saved.
- Test it by changing your view, then pressing Num5 - your view should return to your customised default!

Unfortunately this doesn't save it for VR after you restart the game. Any ideas?

Thanks.

@Sabre Please check your ..\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\View\SnapViews.lua file before and after you did step 3 (RAlt+Num0) because that is were the adjustment will be saved. You can search the file for the speciifc aircraft where it says "--default view - VR".