AZ/EL's FLIR Sub Page Not Working as Expected?

Callsign JoNay

Hey guys,

I've been playing around with the AZ/EL's FLIR sub page, and I noticed a behavior that I suspect is not accurately modelled. I can use the TDC to move the FLIR octagon to any empty spot on the AZ/EL page, but I am unable to move the FLIR onto any Link-16 contacts. I'm not a Hornet aficionado, but this is illogical and I don't see how this could be accurate to real life, since it defeats the entire purpose of the AZ/EL FLIR sub page. What good is this sub page if we are only able to slew the FLIR pod to empty areas of the sky, but not onto anything useful?

Video demonstration:

1 hour ago, Hulkbust44 said:

It's supposed to be done via TDC depress and hold while you slew over the track, then release. The octagon should follow, that's a bug atm, but you will see SLAVE boxed.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G (2022) using Tapatalk

Ok great, that makes a lot more sense than the current implementation.

4 hours ago, Hulkbust44 said:

Yeah, the other missing component is that TDC depress on a trackfile should make it the L+S, and it would be slaved via that logic.

I think that is working on my end. If I box L+S and TDC depress through the AZ/EL/FLIR page on something within radar range, the TGP slews and slaves to the L+S contact. My only problems are when something is out of range or if my radar is snoozed, I can't put the TGP in any area of the sky where a L16 contact exists, which is pretty dumb. Has this feature ever worked properly, or it's been this way since AZ/EL was released? I've been a Tomcat guy for the last few years, and just starting to deep-dive into the Hornet.

I think that is working on my end. If I box L+S and TDC depress through the AZ/EL/FLIR page on something within radar range, the TGP slews and slaves to the L+S contact. My only problems are when something is out of range or if my radar is snoozed, I can't put the TGP in any area of the sky where a L16 contact exists, which is pretty dumb. Has this feature ever worked properly, or it's been this way since AZ/EL was released? I've been a Tomcat guy for the last few years, and just starting to deep-dive into the Hornet.
Right, any trackfile with radar contribution or not should be able to be set as L+S, why we're still missing this I have no idea...

• Like 1