IE8 Final released

I have XP32 and it would not connect to the internet for me tryed sevral things with no luck. So I uninstaled it. :(

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

Installed, looks nice I can't say it doesn't. But the past of IE is not good...

Still don't know Am I browsing Internet or Internet is browsing me? :D

• Like 1

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Yup installed it last week seems ok so far.

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

I have kind of given up on IE because of the way it locked up with java apps. I am using Google CHROME. How does the new version interact with java sites?

Another question, those on Vista64...you guys have no problems to report?

Loads fast: Like. Works with the sites I'm visiting, but there seems to be glitches while browsing microsoft.com: ROFL-fail.

Generally, though, it's SW-approved. 'Course, I'm not terribly ambitious in my browsing or very impatient, so I'll just keep using Firefox because it's much more fun.

You're effin' kidding me: It actually crashed! I never got past the part where it wants to launch some MSXML SP10 or something.

(Running IE8 v. 8.0.6001.18702 on WinXP Home 32-bit SV/se on a HP Pavilion dv1000.)

For reference: Firefox 3.08 with a couple of add-ons installed got 70/100, with the colours being the most obvious point of failure (also, the animation was only smooth up to 51).

Edited by Silent Warrior

http://skipall.com/37.jpg <-- Acid3 using IE8 result.

I would have hoped they focused more on getting IE on the actual damn web standards. The amount of time a web developer spends to cater a layout to IE's liking at times is ridiculous. However... even if they did, the majority of the people wouldn't even upgrade as they're either completely oblivious to the whole scene or simply don't really care to begin with.

Ouch, yeah it's MS attempt at redefining standards, thanks to the combined and growing market share of other browsers they may just have to suck it up and fix the damn thing.

http://skipall.com/37.jpg <-- Acid3 using IE8 result.

I would have hoped they focused more on getting IE on the actual damn web standards. The amount of time a web developer spends to cater a layout to IE's liking at times is ridiculous. However... even if they did, the majority of the people wouldn't even upgrade as they're either completely oblivious to the whole scene or simply don't really care to begin with.