DCS2TARGET: DCS to Thrustmaster HOTAS LED Controller (Viper Mission Pack, Viper Panel and Warthog)

slughead

• ED Team
10 hours ago, slughead said:

Feel free. I'm happy to help where I can. Thrustmaster contacted me about a collaboration last Friday but haven't heard from them since.

Yeah I flagged the post with them as well, we are gonna try and get this in DCS in some form, but keep up the good work it at least gives people an option until we can. 

• Like 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

@NineLine will do.

There is one thing that ED may be able to help with. The ViperTQS has a rotary dial for the HDG control. This emits keypresses only and only one per "click" of the dial. That makes moving the HDG on the HSI incredibly slow. It would be wonderful if somehow DCS could detect the difference between slow turning and faster/rapid turning of the control and act accordingly.

If this could be made generic so that it is not just for the ViperTQS, it would be useful for people using mini-keypads that incorporate dials that behave in the same manner. I have one of these mini-keypads that I am experimenting with to provide CRS, HDG and HMCS control.

If there is a better place to raise this request, please could you point me in the right direction?

Edited by slughead
  • Like 1

• ED Team
20 minutes ago, slughead said:

@NineLine will do.

There is one thing that ED may be able to help with. The ViperTQS has a rotary dial for the HDG control. This emits keypresses only and only one per "click" of the dial. That makes moving the HDG on the HSI incredibly slow. It would be wonderful if somehow DCS could detect the difference between slow turning and faster/rapid turning of the control and act accordingly.

If this could be made generic so that it is not just for the ViperTQS, it would be useful for people using mini-keypads that incorporate dials that behave in the same manner. I have one of these mini-keypads that I am experimenting with to provide CRS, HDG and HMCS control.

If there is a better place to raise this request, please could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks I will take a look. 

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Ok. So between now and Monday, I am "in between jobs". So if anyone has any suggestions for the other LEDs on the ViperTQS.... I'm all ears!

Warp factor gauge?

Edited by slughead
  • Like 1

Update!

Added backlight control of the Warthog HOTAS via the F/A-18C Hornet "Consoles" lighting dial. It realistically mimics the state of the electric system in that the left engine must be at 60% RPM or higher. Right engine logic will be added soon.

Be aware that the Warthog throttle has only six levels of intensity with level 0 being off. Also, the user-programmable LEDs (currently used to indicate the speed brake position), will not illuminate if the Consoles dial is set to off. This is a limitation of the Warthog.

The updated files are linked in the first post.

Enjoy!

Edited by slughead

Update!

Added missing logic for the right engine of the A-10C/A-10C2 and F/A-18C Hornet and generator switches.

Ground power logic is not yet available for the F/A-18C. This may not be possible as I am unable to find any data exposed by the simulation that indicates ground power is on or off.

Updated files are in the first post. Only the dcs2target.zip has been updated.

Thanks for the medal!

18 hours ago, Joker Shadow said:

For TM Viper TQS It would be perfect if the script lights were as bright as panel label lights

I cannot influence that as there is no means in the TARGET API to control the light intensity of the Viper TQS.

• Like 1

@slughead Thank you so much for this - awesome work!

Quick question - is there a way to get this working without having to use TARGET? I understand that we need to have it to run the .TMC you created but is there an alternative software we can use? The reason I ask is because to have TARGET run on my pc I need to have "Memory Integrity" turned off on Windows 11 which causes other issues for me.

Perhaps this can work with SPAD.neXt?

Regards,

Alex

58 minutes ago, krhth547 said:

@slughead Thank you so much for this - awesome work!

Quick question - is there a way to get this working without having to use TARGET? I understand that we need to have it to run the .TMC you created but is there an alternative software we can use? The reason I ask is because to have TARGET run on my pc I need to have "Memory Integrity" turned off on Windows 11 which causes other issues for me.

Perhaps this can work with SPAD.neXt?

Regards,

Alex

Not that I know of.

On 11/29/2023 at 4:07 AM, NineLine said:

Great work on this, I am talking with Thrustmaster and I am hoping to work with them and our team to get this more built-in. I hope you don't mind if I pick your brain here and there if needed. Thanks!

When it comes to the lights there is a whole class of devices that can be used to provide indications outside of the DCS:

• other stick/throttle manufacturers
  • devices with controllable lights, e.g.:
    • keyboards,  those with groups of LED lights or even LEDs for individual keys,
    • mouses,
    • Alienware devices (e.g. monitors, keyboards, cases),
    • different LED based external solutions
On 11/29/2023 at 9:52 AM, slughead said:

Feel free. I'm happy to help where I can. Thrustmaster contacted me about a collaboration last Friday but haven't heard from them since.

Great effort, although I do not have the Thrustmaster devices it is amazing that they do care. I recently asked VKB to provide command line utility to switch the profiles for their device, however I got the negative answer since it is too much effort from them to code this.

Although I am extremely satisfied with Gladiator EVO, I am seriously considering to obtain Warthog throttle instead of certain new throttle option, mostly due to non-existent interface other than what is provided with standard DirectX devices. 

Edited by okopanja

6 hours ago, pepin1234 said:

I have the Viper panel, I just use it for all aircraft. I would need a tool to tune scripts to make compatible my viper panel with every aircraft I want to fly. 

What indicators,  other than landing gear, would you display on the ViperTQS and for which aircraft?

Well, I want all FC3. Mainly I will use Autopilots on the 4 threat warning aux buttons. the stores weapons jettison and the Landing gear. 

I know is a personal customization when we use the viper panel in a different aircraft, so probably getting the stores jettisons and the wheel gear light for every FC3 is enough. I will say at least the stores and the Landing gear light is the most need for every module in DCS. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can you provide screenshots to show what you mean? They say that a picture tells more than a thousand words. Ideally, draw on the screenshot to show the indicator in the cockpit.

49 minutes ago, slughead said:

Can you provide screenshots to show what you mean? They say that a picture tells more than a thousand words. Ideally, draw on the screenshot to show the indicator in the cockpit.

I upload my Su-27/33/11 separated from Mig-29 because Mig-29 Autopilot goes slightly different and should be scripted and mapped different. but basically, starting with the Su-27 as a base you will be addressed all FC3 autopilots including Su-25T with the exception of Su-25A is AP absent.

I don't have F-15C and A-10A mapped. I hope you can figure it out so is pretty similar. 

I also will share with you my Su-27-33-11 and 29 profile so you can look directly on TARGET software.

edit: if you get in the cockpit of those aircrafts and apply AP you will see the light ON for such AP modes.

Viper panel script.jpg

Viper panel script 29.jpg

Su-27-33-11 FC3.fcf Mig-29 FC3.fcf

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's not your TARGET mappings that I need but actual cockpit screenshots. Nonetheless, as I don't have any of those modules, I can't code for them as I need to inspect the module's lua scripts to read the cockpit data from DCS.

You're welcome to take my scripts and adapt them to your needs.

Hello ! When trying to start the script with the script Editor, I got this error :

Running script: D:\DCS_TMHotasLEDSync\TMHotasLEDSync.tmc
Mapped plugin module "C:\Program Files (x86)\Thrustmaster\TARGET\Plugins\sys.dll"
Compile Succeeded.

TMHotasLEDSync v1.0.3

Script stopped!

Runtime Error: Symbol not found: TCASidestickXPilot in main ( line 51 in TMHotasLEDSync.tmc )

Any idea ?

Thanks !

Edit : If I comment lines 51 & 52 :

Configure(&TCASidestickXPilot,   MODE_EXCLUDED);
    Configure(&TCASidestickXCopilot, MODE_EXCLUDED);

I get the same error but with ViperTQS & also ViperBox :

Runtime Error: Symbol not found: ViperTQS in main ( line 58 in TMHotasLEDSync.tmc )

So I need also to comment lines 58 & 59 then the script continue to execute :

TMHotasLEDSync v1.0.3

Physical USB HID devices managed by script!
Currently plugged USB HID devices[4]:
1: "Joystick - HOTAS Warthog" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_0402&REV_0100"
2: "F16 MFD 2" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_B352&REV_0100"
3: "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_0404&REV_0100"
4: "F16 MFD 1" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_B351&REV_0100"
Installing filter driver to VID_044F&PID_0404. Please Wait...

Then it crash with another error 🙂

Done!
Error:(internal) cannot associate a filter with the selected USB HID device "VID_044F&PID_0404"

Runtime Error: STOP request received while running main on line 62 in "D:\DCS_TMHotasLEDSync\TMHotasLEDSync.tmc"
Error:Script run timed out!

Edited by MirabelleBenou

image.png

06th Multirole Helicopter Regiment

Bataillon d'appui aérien - Escadrille HOG

32 minutes ago, MirabelleBenou said:

Hello ! When trying to start the script with the script Editor, I got this error :

Mapped plugin module "C:\Program Files (x86)\Thrustmaster\TARGET\Plugins\sys.dll"
Compile Succeeded.

TMHotasLEDSync v1.0.3

Script stopped!

Runtime Error: Symbol not found: TCASidestickXPilot in main ( line 51 in TMHotasLEDSync.tmc )

Any idea ?

Thanks !

Edit : If I comment lines 51 & 52 :

Configure(&TCASidestickXPilot,   MODE_EXCLUDED);
    Configure(&TCASidestickXCopilot, MODE_EXCLUDED);

I get the same error but with ViperTQS & also ViperBox :

Runtime Error: Symbol not found: ViperTQS in main ( line 58 in TMHotasLEDSync.tmc )

So I need also to comment lines 58 & 59 then the script continue to execute :

TMHotasLEDSync v1.0.3

Installing filter driver to VID_044F&PID_0404. Please Wait...

Then it crash with another error 🙂

Done!
Error:(internal) cannot associate a filter with the selected USB HID device "VID_044F&PID_0404"

Runtime Error: STOP request received while running main on line 62 in "D:\DCS_TMHotasLEDSync\TMHotasLEDSync.tmc"
Error:Script run timed out!

Make sure you have the latest version of the Thrustmaster T.A.R.G.E.T. software installed.

8 minutes ago, slughead said:

Make sure you have the latest version of the Thrustmaster T.A.R.G.E.T. software installed.

Ah thanks ! I didn't see that they updated it recently 🙂

Seems ok now !

Compile Succeeded.

TMHotasLEDSync v1.0.3

USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_0412" cannot be found
USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_0413" cannot be found
USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_0416" cannot be found
USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_0417" cannot be found
Virtual HID devices managed by script!
Connecting virtual joystick...Done
Device name set to Thrustmaster Combined
Connecting virtual keyboard...Done
Connecting virtual mouse (absolute axes)...Done
Server socket listening on TCP port 2323 

main returned 0

Well.... In fact I didn't saw it first but seems there is an error. Will try if it works ingame or not.

Edited by MirabelleBenou

image.png

06th Multirole Helicopter Regiment

Bataillon d'appui aérien - Escadrille HOG