Stand-off capability in the F15E

apolloace

I don't know if this has been discussed or not,

can anybody tell, if the AGM 130/GBU 15s gonna drop in the next 3 to 6 months.

Thanks.

Rig - I7-9700K/GIGABYTE Z390D/RTX-2080 SUPER/32-GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE RAM/1-TB SSD

Mods - A10C / F18C / AV8B / Mig21 / Su33 / SC / F14B

15 minutes ago, apolloace said:

Without a crystal ball or a time travel machine, Nobody outside of the developers knows when they will arrive.

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Am 19.11.2023 um 03:50 schrieb Ignition:

Just throwing numbers, my guess is at least 1+ year for GBU-15 and 2+years for AGM-130.

From a strategical point it would definitely make sense for ED to hold them back as long as possible and when sales of the F15 are so low that they need to do something bring the AGM and showcase it. With weapons being insourced now it's completely up to them unfortunately. And we know for how long ong they are able to "promise" things.

Edited by Ephedrin
  • Like 1

On 11/18/2023 at 8:13 AM, apolloace said:

I don't know if this has been discussed or not,

Thanks.

My recollection is that the AGM-130/GBU-15 would be after JDAMs but before Mavericks. Can't point you to a source though.

From unofficial roadmap on Razbam Discord channel...

SMART WEAPONS (JDAMs/LJDAMs => WCMD => JSOWs) => GBU-15/AGM-130 => (maybe mavs)

So far it does seem plausible that, from weapons perspective, 1st year after launch, we get also CBU-103/105 and AGM-154A/B/C. Those are already within ED's shared/deployable code repository with most ED's resources allocated to test and Q/A. 

GBU-15/AGM-130 are indeed, like Ephedrin said, a valuable asset to use if sales drop below expected values. It does the math by extending at least another year after JSOW. I hope that in that case Mavs would arrive sooner in spite of fact that on F-15E they had really very small tactical use and are massively overperformed by other standoff weapons. 

7 hours ago, Njinsa said:

So far it does seem plausible that, from weapons perspective, 1st year after launch, we get also CBU-103/105 and AGM-154A/B/C. Those are already within ED's shared/deployable code repository with most ED's resources allocated to test and Q/A. 

GBU-15/AGM-130 are indeed, like Ephedrin said, a valuable asset to use if sales drop below expected values. It does the math by extending at least another year after JSOW. I hope that in that case Mavs would arrive sooner in spite of fact that on F-15E they had really very small tactical use and are massively overperformed by other standoff weapons. 

I assume we'll only ever get the -154A (much like the Viper only has the A) as it's the only version the USAF bought. The B version doesn't exist in DCS as far as I'm aware? 

12 hours ago, Ignition said:

AGM-154 A in DCS is useless, very unpredictable with all the BLU-97 flying away with the wind.

Yeah. I only really use the C, which you can only use on the Hornet.  Cluster weapons, with the exception of the -97/105s, generally are a bit underwhelming in DCS even if you get them on right on target.

13 hours ago, Njinsa said:

Yes, you might be spot on.

It seems B and C exist in DCS, Vipers have it, but if RB sticks to the historical framework, we'll get A model. 

Only A & C on the Hornet. A only on the Viper. In real life the B was trialled by the Navy but they never actually put them into service. No idea if any of the AI jets can carry them, but certainly none of the player-flyable jets can that i'm aware of.

Edited by bfr
  • Like 1

On 11/21/2023 at 12:53 PM, Njinsa said:

no word about SDB?

10 hours ago, Njinsa said:

GBU-39 is currently missing in DCS.

If ED decides to model it, we might be left begging RB to support it, I guess as a part of 2010 era jet 'service pack'.

SDB was on the 'you will eventually get' list for the Strike Eagle. And like you say, we'll almost certainly not see them until a later suite gets added.

I can't remember if ED were going to add SDBs to the A-10II or not as well. I vaguely recall seeing a post that they might've been out of scope for that, which would be a shame as the A-10C IRL is/has been updated to carry something like 16 of them.

8 hours ago, Starfire13 said:

You can also use them on the B-1, though that's not navy and shouldn't have it. But since they're available, I use them very regularly.

I meant officially user-flyable jets, but it does indeed seem odd that the -C is on the available weapons list for AI B-1Bs (and equally odd the -A isn't)

• 2 weeks later...

It's a stand-off GPS weapon, so you either have the coords or not. For tpod or ground mapping you have to get closer.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria