Ah-64 autostart sequence bug

target
Go to solution Solved by Lord Vader,

Good morning
I tried to make a small video of the end of the sequence, not easy to make under 50 mega.
we see a message “auto start stopped”
a door does not close, the engines do not start, the windshield wipers start on their own.
I'm on Windows 11 23H2
DCS 2.9.1.48111
instant action Syria AH64 cold start
I start the auto start sequence from the outside
Thank you in advance for your answer

4 hours ago, target said:

we see a message “auto start stopped”

I've tried the Instant Action -> AH-64D -> Syria -> AH-64D Cold Start mission and for me the Autostart worked okay. Also ran the Autostart in Caucasus -> AH-64D Cold Start and again, no issues (in DCS 2.9.1.48111).

I never noticed the "APU ON LIGHT MUST BE ON WITHIN 20 SEC" message that can be seen in your video.

On top of that, I tried beginning the Autostart with a full up collective, but that was corrected as part of the sequence. I tried with a fully deflected cyclic, but that, too, didn't cause any issues and didn't prevent the APU from starting up okay.

Does the issue occur for you every time you run the Autostart sequence? Can you try in another mission?

You can try to repair DCS: Windows Start -> Eagle Dynamics -> Repair DCS World OpenBeta.

If that doesn't do anything and the issue persists, you can try to rename your Saved Games\DCS.openbeta folder and try again with a minimum configuration. In any case you can later delete the newly created Saved Games\DCS.openbeta and rename your previous one back to get all your configs, keybinds and so on back.

Let us know if any of this helps.

Hello, I have also had that error, it is not a continuous error but it has happened to me every 3 or 4 starts. The same messages come out. If I can I will add a track for your diagnosis.

Edited by Pkdos
  • Like 1

• ED Team
  • Solution

Hi @target

I ran your track and the auto start sequence is stopping because your collective isn't down as required. The system warns you about it and you see in the axis window your collecting is about halfway.

Screen_231123_081337.png

When I took control and moved my collective down, I ran the auto-start and it worked ok for me. 

• Like 1

dcsvader.png
Esquadra 701 - DCS Portugal - Discord