User made terrains

Is there any chance that ED would allow users to make their own terrains? And I dont mean by that the huge static object that pretends to be a map but actually isnt. There already is a thread on similar topic but Im hoping for response from some of the devs if they are planing something like this, considering it or just why not. It would be awesome to have fictional battles around Moscow for example or in the Himalayas.

Here is the thread Ive been talking about 

53 minutes ago, DrBuchticka2 said:

Is there any chance that ED would allow users to make their own terrains? And I dont mean by that the huge static object that pretends to be a map but actually isnt. There already is a thread on similar topic but Im hoping for response from some of the devs if they are planing something like this, considering it or just why not. It would be awesome to have fictional battles around Moscow for example or in the Himalayas.

Here is the thread Ive been talking about 

TDK (Terrain Develop Kit) to build maps has only available to official 3rd parties, as the SKD to build official modules (Helos / Aircrafts / assets packs / etc). ED has not build a "free Terrain tools" to DCS World and with the comming on a future of the "global earth", the TDK can change to a v.2.0.

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Silver_Dragon said:

TDK (Terrain Develop Kit) to build maps has only available to official 3rd parties, as the SKD to build official modules (Helos / Aircrafts / assets packs / etc). ED has not build a "free Terrain tools" to DCS World and with the comming on a future of the "global earth", the TDK can change to a v.2.0.

But do you think that TDK would be available to everyone sometime in the future?

19 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Someone has made Midway and Pearl Harbor in another thread. emoji6.png

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

Isnt it just a structure object? Meaning you have to place it in already existing map? Or is it made in some other engine and not compatible with DCS? Also can you please send thread?

Isnt it just a structure object? Meaning you have to place it in already existing map? Or is it made in some other engine and not compatible with DCS? Also can you please send thread?
Yes, that is true. But it's a step forward, and could potentially be very handy on a global map.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

• Like 1