TeTeT's Vietnam War Vessels

TeTeT

Great work, thanks @Hawkeye60! I've tested the new parking slots. I combined it with some UH-1H flying so it took a fair while. I found two strange things:

1. The helicopter on the deck would constantly move forward a few cm, be it with engine or or off
  2. The new parking slot looked great, the second A-4 landed, taxied, was pushed back. And then turned around to face nose over board 😞 No idea what that was

Unfortunately when the third A-4 in row landed, DCS froze. I was running the MT version, will revert back to ST for more testing.

Cheers,
TeTeT

On 12/11/2023 at 5:01 PM, SickSidewinder9 said:

The those old planes don't even hook up to the cat the same way.  Pretty sure F-4's had launch bars.  A-4's and F-8's had some kind of slingshot shaped thingy iirc.

IDK what happened.  It was after I was flying for a bit.  Did I do something wrong in the editor?  Maybe everything needs to be set up to ignore stuff.  I did use time compression at one point.  maybe that is what made everything wonky.

The F-4 also used a bridle, just like the A-4 and F-8. If I'm not mistaken, the A-6 Intruder was the first plane with a launch bar followed by the A-7 Corsair II.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That was fast! 😆

Please see here for the SeaSprite!

Screen-231225-141117.jpg

• Like 5

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Stay tuned!

We have a new, up-dated, FIXED F-9 in testing!

Watch this space!

Screen-231227-073207.jpg

Screen-231227-073201.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Are those F-9's on the deck with folded wings?

Hawkeye,

yes it is F-8’s parked on deck. Along with the Seasprite they make the deck properly occupied.  Don’t suppose you have a S-2 Tracker or an A-3 Whale at the back of the “ Bottom Drawer” do you?

Toan,

They are statics.  The helo is parked at one of the take off spots I modified in the lua.  I made one there, a second about 20 feet farther towards the bow, and a third on the port side deck edge. I am still trying different launch and take off spots for jets and have not tried any adjustments for helo landings.  AI A-4’s not being consistent on landing is a challenge.

seabat

• Like 2

Sounds like you are making progress.

Please continue your edits.

Once close, send to me, Toan, and Tet for testing please.

We all want this to work correctly.

Cheers!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hawkeye60 said:

Sounds like you are making progress.

Please continue your edits.

Once close, send to me, Toan, and Tet for testing please.

We all want this to work correctly.

Cheers!

Hi Seabat, I'll be pleased to test your new helo parking spots, very interesting and realisitc, indeed 👍 the last TeTeT update for AI A-4 landing and parking on the CV-31  seems fine. Did you use it ? 🤔 Enjoy ! 👏

Screen-231231-022254.jpg

New Seabat skin!

superb job!

• Like 2

May I preset,

The Vietnam Military Mule!

Armed!

Screen-231231-171202.jpg

Takes out Russian tanks like they were marshmallows😅

Screen-231231-171145.jpg

With Prone drivers.

As in RL.

Coming soon to a TETET pack near you!

CA compatible!

• Like 2

Good day all, I suffer from a DCS crash when the F-8 is in combat as an AI unit. It only happens at the merge and when they a dumping flares. I have a feeling the counter measures may be causing the crash but I cannot confirm it. Can anyone else do a quick check to see if it’s only on my end? Apologies for hijacking the thread, not sure where else to post. 

9 hours ago, roobarbjapan said:

Good day all, I suffer from a DCS crash when the F-8 is in combat as an AI unit. It only happens at the merge and when they a dumping flares. I have a feeling the counter measures may be causing the crash but I cannot confirm it. Can anyone else do a quick check to see if it’s only on my end? Apologies for hijacking the thread, not sure where else to post. 

Which F-8 are you using, where is it from? @Urbi same question for you. Wondering if we're doing duplicate work here.

Happy New Year,
TeTeT

1 hour ago, roobarbjapan said:

I was using the one linked in this thread, I thought it was the latest. 😅 

Indeed 🙂 If you downloaded the zip from the github repo, that's the current development release. We'll look into the counter measures, thanks for the report!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, roobarbjapan said:

roobarbjapan,

Did a quick AI mission two F8 vs two Mig 19, South Atlantic map.   Missiles and flares launched but no crash after several runs of the mission.   Will check with other types against the Crusader.

TeTeT,

Urbi may be using the Spino mod from his website.  If you look at the leading edge of the wings there is a section missing which was a bug on that particular download.  Good thing is his livery will work with the update.

seabat

Screen_240101_140137.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, TeTeT said:

Confirming that no crash happened with 8 MiG-21 vs 2 F-8 and plenty of counter measures in the air.

Edit: Redownloaded the latest version and all seems well! Thank you gents.

Thank you for checking gentleman, I will re download and try again. Thank you all for the great work being done in this thread.😄

Edited by roobarbjapan

9 hours ago, buur said:

Have you a picture/map of the flight deck where the spawn points are marked? So that I could deck equipment without blocking the spawn points?

No, we have neither  a map nor picture at the moment. But the ramp start positions go back from the two catapults towards the landing zone on the flightdeck, leaving the area before the island free for statics. When landing, the latest version has the park positions moved to the bow of the carrier, e.g. blocking catapult 1 and 2. Again, the area in front of the island is free for statics.

I quickly sketched this. Purple are the parking positions after landing, green are the ramp positions before launch:

image.png

Cheers,
TeTeT

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1