Button press no longer jumps to button binding

Go to solution Solved by rob10,

Previously, a button press on any controller would jump to the assigned function in the bindings settings. This was very helpful in troubleshooting any binding issues. This function is broken in my installation since last update. Anyone else experiencing this?

• Like 1

My latest project, the Multi Function Button Box can be found at Kickstarter.

I wish I knew what (if anything) I did, but I'm sure if I had known something then, I'd have written it - as I passionately hate "I made it work!" kind of self-replies. But I don't remember anything in particular and it just went away after another patch. Currently, I don't have such a problem with the latest OB/MT.

Edited by virgo47

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube

8 hours ago, rob10 said:

Any chance you have a modifier "stuck" ON or a modifier switch that you've forgotten about that you've managed to switch on?  In either of those cases a keypress isn't sending what you think it is which might explain the symptoms.

This is easy to check in the game itself. If it works in the game then the stuck mod/shift is not a culprit. Shift especially can cause this, but I don't use that, only mods on keys/buttons that return to the off position.

• Like 1

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube

Just out of interest, if you have a specific term in the 'search' bar at the top (for example, 'gear') then the command will not be highlighted if you press it, EVEN IF that command does appear in the searched for items below. e.g. 'gear' is searched for, all commands with 'gear' appear below, but if you press (for example) your command for 'landing gear down', that command will not highlight. You need to delete the search term above, then it all operates as normal. I'm not sure if this changed recently, but for some reason it stood out to me when changing commands very recently.

While the search is typed in and the focus is on the input, it does not work indeed. I just click with the mouse anywhere on the table and then it works fine. If the binding is in the result, it will jump to it. If it is not, it does nothing. That's how it works normally and it's fine. You have to click on the table first, because otherwise key presses add to the search. Sure, HOTAS buttons COULD work, but that would not be consistent. Always focus on the table first.

• Like 1

While the search is typed in and the focus is on the input, it does not work indeed. I just click with the mouse anywhere on the table and then it works fine. If the binding is in the result, it will jump to it. If it is not, it does nothing. That's how it works normally and it's fine. You have to click on the table first, because otherwise key presses add to the search. Sure, HOTAS buttons COULD work, but that would not be consistent. Always focus on the table first.
Aaahhh! Thanks! I never thought of that because there's "no cursor" in the table. Jeez I feel kinda dumb now! Well, that's the solution then!
Cheers!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 11/23/2023 at 12:19 AM, rob10 said:

Any chance you have a modifier "stuck" ON or a modifier switch that you've forgotten about that you've managed to switch on?  In either of those cases a keypress isn't sending what you think it is which might explain the symptoms.

This might actually have been the case. Now it works again. 

Edit: or not. This was the case in any module, and I just use modifiers in the Apache CPG seat. But anyhow, it works now. 

Edited by JackFlash

My latest project, the Multi Function Button Box can be found at Kickstarter.

• 3 months later...

I get that sometimes binding will just stop working. Had it on the F16 and now it happens quite regurly for me on the M2000. In the 2000 today my PTT buttons stop working, trying to bind anything to these buttons does not work again.  If I jump into a Hornet which uses the same buttons on my warthog for PTT it works. Only way to make it work is to delete the throttle config and rebind everything again. Happend twice today on the 2000, like I said, happened previsouly on the Viper but never again after I deleted the config file. 

Edited by RogueRunner

With the price of ammunition these days do not expect a warning shot.