2 commands needed to show Pilot.

randomTOTEN
Go to solution Solved by SmukY,

Pressing "Show/Hide Pilot" does not display the pilot on the first press, on the 2nd press it shows the pilot.

With the pilot displayed, the first press hides the pilot, but 2 presses is needed to show the pilot again.

In the track, I begin the exercise after 20 seconds (on the cockpit clock), I contemplate using the timer, but decide I will use the sweeping second hand, and apply the key command on every 5 second interval of the minute (25-30-35-40 etc).

Thanks,

Hind Pilot Model Bug.trk

• Like 1

Noticed the same, you need to use 2 times the key (RShift+P), strange, looks like a bug for me too.

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• Solution

Does if you press shift+p first show the gunner, and for second time it shows both gunner and pilot bodies? I haven't flew for quite a while, but similar is both in Mi-8 and UH-1H. Gunner should be visible if you move camera under the instrument panel.

Edited by SmukY
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Helicopters don't fly, they just subdue the air.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

4 minutes ago, SmukY said:

Does if you press shift+p first show the gunner, and for second time it shows both gunner and pilot bodies? I haven't flew for quite a while, but similiar is both in Mi-8 and UH-1H. Gunner should be visible if you move camera under the instrument panel.

You're right. It looks like a feature.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

On 11/30/2023 at 8:45 AM, Flappie said:

You're right. It looks like a feature.

Ok, but in this case, let's put the pilot's body first. Is it possible?

In UH-1/Mi-8 it makes sense. Here you can't see the CPG operator from the pilot's position so there's really no point in showing his body at firts. I would suggest doing it in the opposite order. The Mi-24 has separate cockpits, after all.

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

2 hours ago, YoYo said:

Ok, but in this case, let's put the pilot's body first. Is it possible?

In UH-1/Mi-8 it makes sense. Here you can't see the CPG operator from the pilot's position so there's really no point in showing his body at firts. I would suggest doing it in the opposite order. The Mi-24 has separate cockpits, after all.

For now, it's like this:

1. CPG (default when spawning with the Show Pilot option turned off)
  2. no one
  3. Pilot + CPG

You want this, right?

2. Pilot + CPG
  3. no one
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Flappie said:

For now, it's like this:

2. no one
  3. Pilot + CPG

You want this, right?

2. Pilot + CPG
  3. no one

Exactly, in the case of Hind it would be a great solution:

1/ default CPG on

2/ Pilot + CPG body on

3/ no one

:clap:

• Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

On 11/30/2023 at 2:40 AM, SmukY said:

Does if you press shift+p first show the gunner, and for second time it shows both gunner and pilot bodies? I haven't flew for quite a while, but similar is both in Mi-8 and UH-1H. Gunner should be visible if you move camera under the instrument panel.

Perfect, this is exactly what's happening.

Glad this was resolved.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, randomTOTEN said:

Now that I'm used to it, and considering it's already consistent with the Hip, I request this functionality to be left as it currently is.

No, in HIP you have one cockpit for everyone, it's fine there as it is, in Mi-24 it's currently completely unnecessary because you don't see CPG anyway or on-board mechanic. Besides, how can you talk about habits between different modules? Maybe it should be different in Apache too? In Apache there is only one press to see the body and it is ok. Im used to Apache, for example, where this solution makes sense. Comparing a separate cockpit to a combined cockpit makes no sense. So the argument is wrong :). The key layout like for the Mi-8 may be good for the CH-47, but not for the Mi-24 and here no problem with this idea for me.

2 hours ago, Flappie said:

🧐

There are more similarities in the cockpit layout to the AH-64 (tandem), not to the Mi-8MTV.

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

1 hour ago, YoYo said:

There are more similarities in the cockpit layout to the AH-64 (tandem), not to the Mi-8MTV.

I agree.

This is what we have today ( when "show pilot body" is disabled) :

Mi-8

1. only the pilot is hidden (mission startup)
  2. all hidden
  3. all shown
  4. back to 1

Mi-24

2. all hidden
  3. all shown
  4. back to 1

UH-1H

2. all hidden
  3. all shown
  4. back to 1

AH-64

2. all shown
  3. back to 1

Edited by Flappie
  • Thanks 1