Smoke Generation No Longer Works!

hsiehchiehlin
Go to solution Solved by razo+r,

What do I need to tell the devs about the bug?

[...]

You need to supply the following:

1. What happened that resulted in the issue? Again, short, clear and concise. Don't write a novel.
  2. What were you doing that caused, or seemed to cause the issue? Sometimes you won't know, sometimes it doesn't matter, but better to try and include it so ED Testers or Team can try to reproduce themselves.
  3. Could you reproduce it? Bugs should be reproducible, you should be able to have it happen to you again before reporting it.
  4. What module where are you using, and does it happen with others? If you get a bug with the A-10C try it with another module, it could be the A-10C causing the issue, it could be the sim, any investigating you do now, makes it quicker for ED to diagnose.

Also, must include:

1. A Track: We would prefer a short one that shows the bug right away, if your track is very long, try to reproduce a short one showing the bug
  2. A screenshot: In some cases, a screenshot is enough, most times the devs prefer a track so they can watch and jump in or run on their debug version though
  3. A video: If you really can't make a good track of the issue, sometimes a video will be enough if it shows the exact steps to reproduce the issue
  4. System specs: dxdiag file is perfect for this see here for steps to do so
  5. DCS World logs: Logs can be found in the DCS folder in Saved Games in a folder called Logs. Please zip these and attach to your report post. DCS World also will collect and pack the needed files when the game crashes, you can send this, and it will include everything we need.
  6. Tacview: In some cases can be good to show us how to reproduce, or the conditions the bugs happened in, but they cannot be submitted to the team. So by themselves is not enough.

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/124096-how-to-report-a-bug-faq-guide/

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 1 month later...

Thank you both for commenting.

I just tried this and it worked. However, this is news to me! For the past several years, I have been turning the smoke on and off by pressing the weapon release button while having the Selective Jettison on Off position. This was obviously easier since we all have the weapon release button mapped to our HOTAS but not everyone has the Jettison button mapped. If in the real world, pushing the Jettison button controls the smoke, then let it be and I am fine with that, otherwise I would rather see the procedure revert to how it was.

Edit: How come this change of behavior was never documented in the change logs of the releases in the first place?

Edited by sa63114200

• Solution
9 hours ago, sa63114200 said:

Thank you both for commenting.

I just tried this and it worked. However, this is news to me! For the past several years, I have been turning the smoke on and off by pressing the weapon release button while having the Selective Jettison on Off position. This was obviously easier since we all have the weapon release button mapped to our HOTAS but not everyone has the Jettison button mapped. If in the real world, pushing the Jettison button controls the smoke, then let it be and I am fine with that, otherwise I would rather see the procedure revert to how it was.

Edit: How come this change of behavior was never documented in the change logs of the releases in the first place?

Jettison the smokepods to activate smoke was the working procedure since 2016. So in that sense there was nothing to document. 

But it seems there were two ways to activate smoke. At least one of them works though.

• Thanks 1