What's up with the green glass?

greyseal494

You can dimm the hud down, which reduces the green glow and for low light operations there is a red filter. (right middle center console, looks like the pull string of a lawn mower)

• Like 2

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

8 hours ago, draconus said:

We get a color banding problem instead.

I recently learned about the color deband option of reshade. So far I only used it for sharpening and color/contrast correction. But the deband does a decent job actually.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Watch out, the deband filter of reshade will begin to supress details very quick. I only use it on really old Graphics like Comanche Gold, because I can't stand the Colorbanding in the sky of this old game.

@topic: really turn the HUD down or switch it off (i just turn it down, I seem to be a HUD cripple 😕 )

14700K | MSI Z690 Carbon | Gigabyte 4090 Gaming OC | 64GB DDR5 6000 G.Skill Ripjaws S5 | Creative SoundBlaster X-FI Titanium HD on a Violectric V90 Headphone amp and Fostex TH600 Headphones | LG 42 C227LA & Samsung C32HG70 | TrackIR 5 | Virpil WarBRD with VFX Grip | Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle | VKB T-Rudder Pedals MK IV 

I only fool around the F-14 - and still having a hard time on it as there is so much to learn and so little time and talent. But I love it.

32 minutes ago, FR4GGL3 said:

Watch out, the deband filter of reshade will begin to supress details very quick. I only use it on really old Graphics like Comanche Gold, because I can't stand the Colorbanding in the sky of this old game.

@topic: really turn the HUD down or switch it off (i just turn it down, I seem to be a HUD cripple 😕 )

Yeah, you can easily overdo it with the settings. I noticed. But like all the other reshade settings I use - less is more. So far I‘m happy with my settings and haven’t noticed problems. I‘ll keep watching for issues though. Thanks for the heads-up. 
Luckily Reshade can be toggled on/off in a blink. 😊

A little off topic but while shading is mentioned, I noticed with the new patch that my terrain details always seem to be as if a cloud is covering the sun, or it's overcast.  It makes it hard to see things like an airfield 7 miles away.  What settings should I play with?  Gamma?  Should I change them in DCS?

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot