Feedback Thread Viggen Patch December 19th 2023

IronMike

Dear all,

as always we're happy to present you the latest patch, most importantly including a fix and overhaul for the collision model - aka no more sunken tires. Our apologies it took us a bit longer as usual this time. A special thank you also goes to @JonathanRL - who ever so kindly helped us fix the Viggen Red Flag campaign, and in doing so not only fixed the bugs, but also improved it altogether. We are very grateful for it!

Before we let you all off into a merry holiday season with our best wishes, we would also like to announce that @MYSE1234 and @TOViper have joined the Heatblur Team, to help us in our efforts for the Viggen and beyond. We're very happy to have two of such outstanding Viggen community members on board.

Now, what remains is to wish you all a Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays, we hope you all will have a great and festive time with your family and loved ones, and ofc: we wish you all plenty of time to fly DCS!

As always, thank you for your continued support and kind feedback!

Your Heatblur Team

DCS AJS-37 Viggen by Heatblur Simulations

• Fixed collision and suspension model for the main landing gear. 
  • Rebuilt collision model from the ground up, fixing inconsistencies in AI collision, damage and other unwanted effects.
  • Updated RB-04 and RB-15 collision models - both ASM’s will now be more susceptible to CIWS.
  • Added new and reworked DS37 Data Cartridge model.
  • Revised all splinter liveries for more accurate M90 splinter pattern.
  • Renamed Splinter F7 Skaraborgs Flygflottilj 76.
  • Complete overhaul of the Red Flag Campaign 16-2 - by JonathanRL (thank you!):
    • Mission Dates now adjusted to reflect the time span of the real 16-2 Red Flag Exercise.
    • Weather has been adjusted to be accurate for the season.
    • All AJS-37 Viggen Aircraft have been given the correct squadron livery and correct serial numbers for aircraft stationed at F 7 Såtenäs.
    • All F-16C Aircraft have been updated to module status and given correct liveries and serial numbers for 77th Fighter Squadron “Gamblers” who attended Red Flag 16-2.
    • All F/A-18C Aircraft have been updated to module status and given correct liveries and numbers for VFA-314 “Black Knights” who attended Red Flag Alaska 16-2.
    • Radio Bug fixed in all missions.
    • AI flight orders and loadouts adjusted to make them more efficient in their respective roles across multiple missions. Their performance should now be far more consistent.
    • Minor changes to mission 7, 9 and 10 to reduce frustration over issues the player had no control over.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 6

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

26 minutes ago, IronMike said:

A special thank you also goes to @JonathanRL - who ever so kindly helped us fix the Viggen Red Flag campaign, and in doing so not only fixed the bugs, but also improved it altogether. We are very grateful for it!

Before we let you all off into a merry holiday season with our best wishes, we would also like to announce that @MYSE1234 and @TOViper have joined the Heatblur Team, to help us in our efforts for the Viggen and beyond. We're very happy to have two of such outstanding Viggen community members on board.

This is really great, Heatblur supporting the efforts of DCS Community members, I'm extremely happy for them ... and thankful for their contribution to the Viggen.

Just tested the patch and not only the landing gear works now better than ever, and looks more detailed with its brake pipes and stuff .. I also enjoy the fact that now the Viggen Track files work perfect, couldnt have made this video without that improvement alone:

Best regards and thanks again for such a wonderful product. 🙏

• Like 6

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

19 minutes ago, Otulf said:

How very nice the datacartridge or datastav looks...

Agree, it is a nice touch ... makes one wish for the animation to be a bit slower in order to see it better 🙂

XqsCmDv.jpg

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

On 12/20/2023 at 12:12 PM, Unprogress said:

It is still not possible for me to bind "clickable mouse cockpit mode" to a mouse button. Is it just me or does anybody else have this problem?

By default, you can only bind that command to keyboard and joystick, headtracking and mouse are not implemented.  You can use the Quaggles utility to add the Mouse binding to your install, like this user, @virgo47, did for the Mig-21:

• Like 4

On 12/23/2023 at 5:27 PM, hilmerby said:

Several lights now missing. Compass, Mach, Alfa, Altimeter setting.

/Stellan Hilmerby

missing.jpg

Thank you for the report!

Can anyone else confirm this please?

@Silhou please be so kind and keep an eye on this and track it. Thank you!

• Like 1

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

22 minutes ago, IronMike said:

Thank you for the report!

Can anyone else confirm this please?

@Silhou please be so kind and keep an eye on this and track it. Thank you!

Already confirmed and tracked. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys! Haven’t checked the open beta version but in stable version landing gears of the aircraft are below the runway level. Thank you for such an awesome module.

upd. Sorry I should’ve checked the last patch description 

Edited by Ghostb3D

12 minutes ago, Ghostb3D said:

Haven’t checked the open beta version but in stable version landing gears of the aircraft are below the runway level.

In openbeta the player’s Viggen was fixed on last patch, however the issue persists for AI aircrafts.

there are three minor issues I'd like to make Heatblur aware:

1. the landing and taxi lights switch has 3 positions, from forward to aft they are: landing, off, taxi. but currently the landing and taxi positions seem to have no difference in terms how the lights are on. both settings would put out a straight light beam forward, which I assume is the landing light position.
  2. the number pad 0 for the CK37 computer has no animation when depressed.
  3. the CL filter (red colour night filter) for the radar scope has a "misalignment" issue when changing it from fully green to fully red. the colours of the scope and the "base" of the scope don't always change their colours at the same pace. correct me if I'm wrong: I'm not sure if this is the intended behaviour. but since the light source of the display come from the same illumination device, like on a CRT screen, I think this should be a bug.

Screen_231002_224434.png

Screen_231002_224440.png

Screen_231002_224446.png

Screen_231002_224448.png

Screen_231002_224451.png

3 minutes ago, VikingSail said:
  • the landing and taxi lights switch has 3 positions, from forward to aft they are: landing, off, taxi. but currently the landing and taxi positions seem to have no difference in terms how the lights are on. both settings would put out a straight light beam forward, which I assume is the landing light position.

The actual Viggen is fitted with three landing/taxi lights. A 50 W taxi light is mounted on the nose gear strut. Two 250 W landing lights are placed on either side of the wheel well on the nose gear, like this:

29az5Ll.jpg

The landing lights are controlled by the switch STRÅLKAST. Clicking on the switch will toggle amongst its three positions:

• Aft for TAXI.

• Center for OFF (FRÅN)

• Forward for LANDING (TILL)

Sadly this item is not fully simulated yet, as on both taxi and landing positions only the 50W lamp is working. Also the switch is not textured and is unlabeled. Hopefully Heatblur will hear our plea and finish this item  👍

• Thanks 2

Am 27.12.2023 um 14:18 schrieb MYSE1234:

Already confirmed and tracked. 😉

i can provide some more pictures of what's missing:

1. mach number:

Screen_240127_005109.png

Screen_240127_005135.png

2. AoA:

Screen_240127_005151.pngScreen_240127_005202.png

3. radio and QFE:

Screen_240127_005212.pngScreen_240127_005140.png

4. bearings on the compass: