2nd takeoff control freeze from non SC module carriers still present after fix in beta update 2.9.2.49629

LooomyNarty

In the changelog for open beta 2.9.2.49629 it is listed under F/A-18C that:

• Fixed: Controls frozen on 2nd takeoff from a non SC module carrier.

However taking off from CVN-74, landing back on the carrier and attempting to launch again still induces the same control freeze as from before the update, with both throttle and stick axis inputs being ignored, but other key binds and clickable cockpit items working without issue. The issue appears both in single player and multiplayer, both in new missions created after the update and ones from before.

Track file of a simplified example is attached, following the same procedures I take when experiencing the bug in normal play.

F-18 launch control lock after 2.9.2.49629.trk

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I keep running into an issue when, if I try to launch again after a carrier recovery, the joystick axis and throttle along with stuff like trim become unresponsive. Is this my mistake? (as in, is this what happens IRL and I just need to do something in the cockpit), or is it a bug? I am using SRS but no other mods. Thanks.

• ED Team

Hi, 

there is an issue sometimes with second launch from carrier and the controls are unresponsive until the cat shot is complete. It happens if you do not own the super carrier and the team are aware of the issue. 

If you are on stand alone DCS I would suggest doing the trial of the supercarrier and then you have a work around for two weeks at least. 

thank you

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

30 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, 

there is an issue sometimes with second launch from carrier and the controls are unresponsive until the cat shot is complete. It happens if you do not own the super carrier and the team are aware of the issue. 

If you are on stand alone DCS I would suggest doing the trial of the supercarrier and then you have a work around for two weeks at least. 

thank you

OK, thanks very much - it's nice to know the team are working on it.

On 1/3/2024 at 6:11 AM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, 

thank you

FYI, I had this bug happen occur last week on my second takeoff from the Forrestal, both me and my wingman's controls locked after launching. I own the Super Carrier (Steam Edition), he does not. So I don't think it's tied to SC module ownership, but which carrier you are launching from. Sorry no track.

• ED Team

thanks for the feedback, we have asked the team to take another look, it seems for some the controls lock until they have been launched 

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 3 weeks later...

Happens to me every time. F-18's throttle and stick don't react to controls after it's been launched from a carrier for a second time. Pedals do react to input though, and also input is definitely still being registered by the game as it's visually observable in options->controls->assign axis, while the bug's pushing the jet to the upper edge of the stratosphere.

On 1/9/2024 at 5:02 AM, BIGNEWY said:

thanks for the feedback, we have asked the team to take another look, it seems for some the controls lock until they have been launched 

Still an issue, all of last night on the CVN-71 lost all controls on launch and there after.

Landing on the CVN-71 from another base works fine. Land, refuel, takeoff, everything works fine after that.

Edited by CaptHawk
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

• 3 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Hi, 

in our tests the controls will freeze on the CAT but straight after release controls are free again. 

Are you saying your controls are still locked even after release? 

thanks

2 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, 

in our tests the controls will freeze on the CAT but straight after release controls are free again. 

Are you saying your controls are still locked even after release? 

thanks

Yup.  Did a few tests, put a post up complete with a track, etc, etc.  Someone suggested a slow rebuild because this seems to be an isolated case and I haven't done that yet, but for me, at least, it's infinitely repeatable.  CV59 and SC; same outcome.

Then again, maybe my jet was sabotaged by the deck crew, who really don't like it when I land on their boat anyway...  🙃

• Like 1

• ED Team

they are still locking, but should free up after launch. We do have a report open about the lock up before launch however 

thanks

10 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

they are still locking, but should free up after launch.

Is this being tested internally both with and without the SC module installed? Because the controls remaining locked up after launch is still occurring in build 2.9.3.51704 without the SC module installed.

• Like 2

I just did 3 launches and 3 traps without any post-launch control issues after a slow repair.  Still spawn in with the brakes half on, it seems, and if you go to burner during the run-up, then back down to mil before the salute it will launch you.

Now to bring 59 back into that mix.  Need another asphalt burner in my battle group.

The big scary bug is I did three traps without a bolter.  None of them were anything to write home about, but I still got on the boat.  Obviously a bug...  🙃

4 hours ago, Raisuli said:

I just did 3 launches and 3 traps without any post-launch control issues after a slow repair.  Still spawn in with the brakes half on, it seems, and if you go to burner during the run-up, then back down to mil before the salute it will launch you.

Now to bring 59 back into that mix.  Need another asphalt burner in my battle group.

The big scary bug is I did three traps without a bolter.  None of them were anything to write home about, but I still got on the boat.  Obviously a bug...  🙃

So u say u found a walkaround for ppl who had issues with 2nd carrier launch without supercarrier module?

Edited by Dragzor

No, I said I had issues with control lock-up after the second launch up above, then down below I said that problem seems to have resolved with a slow repair.  Or the new patch.  The only 'work around', and it might not be needed anymore, is lighting the blower for a second on run-up, then return to mil before the salute.

But your question made me think of a few questions, and now I want to check out a couple other things.

• 2 weeks later...

For me that burning before launching not working.

When I toggle to show pilot body while on the 2nd launch. Body animation hangs, as well as controls, right hand on handlebar up above, off the controls.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

While i m studying aircraft takeoff-landing on F18, i faced one strange issue with it.

After succsessful landing, when i m trying to takeoff second time (after refueling and rearming) my controls are fully stuck.

In system i see that my joystick is working, i can even move pedals, but my engine control is locked and i can't move my plane anymore.

FCS and trim reset button didn't gave me anything, everything is locked

If i will start new plane after landing, there will be no problems with it

I don't understand what is going on? Please can someone help me?

seems like i m not the only one with that problem

Edited by Черный Скиталец