Mission timings and darkness

On 2/6/2024 at 8:02 AM, BIGNEWY said:

You replied to a comment that was rude and your reply post was hidden in the process. If you have a moderation query please use a PM in the future. Please do not derail this thread.

As for the report, it is in our system and as I have already mentioned it will be looked at when the team have time. 

thank you 

Thanks BigNewy. When this bug gets fixed I will buy the campaign.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 2/3/2024 at 9:58 PM, sjebens said:

Reflected, this is my last effort to try to make the mission playable and help others in my situation.

If I fixed the file would you either include it in the campaign files as an option, or allow me to share it with others?

Having got this campaign tonight and also playing in VR, note i didnt crank the gamma up, this all rather sounds like a skill issue, for me i flew on instruments, nearly had a mid air on forming up through the cloads, all very authentic.  

Why should a content creator who prides himself on recreating accurate missions make it easy for those that are struggling?  It's like the same one's who don't like to air to air refuel generally or critise speed and angels for being too hard etc and disagree with grading...

My suggestion is practice alot more.

Rarely comment on SP campaigns but yea @Reflected keep up the good work pal - i actually just buy your campaings now one in support but 2 knowing they are going to be excellent - not to mention the rediculous attention to detail and in the knowledge that when ED screw up the game and campaign with an update (or Urga re parking slots as i read the issues first) you will work your arse off to sort, noting the time of the thread im guessing you did nothing else over christmas but reslot P51 slots, the reality is most players have no concept what goes into the mission editior to make these.  Hoping your bring out a P47 campaign next for the same time frame for Overload and Normandy in June 44.

Thank you for what appears another best in class campaign, looking forward to carrying on with it tomorrow!

PS for those that fly VR, if you can upgrade to the Crystal i came from a G2 (given they are being bricked) and all i can say is wow, its insane!

• Like 2

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

Hi guys,

It is very interesting how people see things differently. I saw the post about the G3 user problem and in the end I have to agree with the post above, from @Hawkeye_UK. To me it sounds like a proficiency issue or a very bad setup. I am not stating that this is THE issue, It only looks to me like it is…

I am almost finishing this campaign and all missions I made on the first try. Missions 1 and 3 are very difficult for sure, but not impossible.

I can vouch for this Campaign and how it brings me back some memories about RL flying. I’ve never flew a Mustang, but I fly something very similar to it (among other planes). I’d say that night flying, specially using WWII technology is not for the weak and killed more people than the enemy. Vertigo is a real b.tch…

I use a Varjo Aero as VR, but I just added to my notes never to recommend a G3…

Anyway, life goes on!

Reflected, keep it up your good products and be sure that I will buy any campaign that you put on the market.

All the best,

Sydy 

Edited by Sydy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

To throw in my 2 cents on this... Using Pimax Crystal at max gamma, I have almost no visibility. The DCS night lighting simply doesn't work well. I managed to complete the mission, so it's not really a skill issue, but only thanks to dot labels. However, it was pretty frustrating, as the comms and targets to spot are not in accordance with visibility. They spot a train from 2-3 miles? No way. I could see it from maybe 200 meters if I zoomed in, only the very front of the locomotive because if the light, and could only know the general direction thanks to labels. Airport calls out visibility 10 miles? A cruel joke. I could only see maybe 50 meters in front of me thanks to the landing light. The airport itself has zero lighting, and the flares they fire don't really illuminate anything.

You can technically fly blind on instruments, but if the visibility was like this in real life, this mission would be pointless to fly, as it would be absolutely impossible to spot any ground or air targets. I get that it was dark in real life, but this level of visibility is not really credulous to me.

I don't blame Reflected for this, as he's obviously recreating real events in this campaign, which is great. If it happened at night then that's it. But DCS night lighting is obviously flawed, and makes these missions frustrating.

You can get away with this in modern setting with NVG and sensors, but not really in WWII. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, PawlaczGMD said:

To throw in my 2 cents on this... Using Pimax Crystal at max gamma, I have almost no visibility. The DCS night lighting simply doesn't work well. I managed to complete the mission, so it's not really a skill issue, but only thanks to dot labels. However, it was pretty frustrating, as the comms and targets to spot are not in accordance with visibility. They spot a train from 2-3 miles? No way. I could see it from maybe 200 meters if I zoomed in, only the very front of the locomotive because if the light, and could only know the general direction thanks to labels. Airport calls out visibility 10 miles? A cruel joke. I could only see maybe 50 meters in front of me thanks to the landing light. The airport itself has zero lighting, and the flares they fire don't really illuminate anything.

You can technically fly blind on instruments, but if the visibility was like this in real life, this mission would be pointless to fly, as it would be absolutely impossible to spot any ground or air targets. I get that it was dark in real life, but this level of visibility is not really credulous to me.

I don't blame Reflected for this, as he's obviously recreating real events in this campaign, which is great. If it happened at night then that's it. But DCS night lighting is obviously flawed, and makes these missions frustrating.

You can get away with this in modern setting with NVG and sensors, but not really in WWII. 

I keep forwarding your feedback to ED, that's all I can do. Fingers crossed...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Reflected said:

I keep forwarding your feedback to ED, that's all I can do. Fingers crossed...

Yep, I hope that the announced raytracing will change how lighting works. Although I can't imagine anyone having spare performance to run RT in VR, but that's another matter, I hope I'm wrong about that. 

• Like 1