FIXED - Spawn position bugs

UPDATE:

This should be fixed now in the latest OB. If you still see any anomalies, that is, you don't spawn where the little icon shows on the briefing chalkboard, your lead is not where the message says he is, or you see any taxi anomalies, please let me know. But there shouldn't be any, fingers crossed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It turns out that just before the update and the campaign was released, Ugra unexpectedly changed the parking position numbers at Kenley.

This resulted in aircraft spawning in random weird locations. So even though your plane is assigned to parking spot 2, it is placed over parking spot 2 in the editor, it spawns at, say, spot 24. 

the missions are still playable once everyone gets airborne, but this messes up the taxi logic, the thumbs up you give your flight lead and all that. 

I had to re-save every group in every mission to fix the problem. I submitted the updates to ED, and I’m hoping they can push them into a hotfix soon. Fingers crossed. 

Edited by Reflected
  • Like 2

• Reflected changed the title to FIXED - Spawn position bugs
  • 1 month later...
On 12/21/2023 at 11:13 PM, Reflected said:

UPDATE:

This should be fixed now in the latest OB. If you still see any anomalies, that is, you don't spawn where the little icon shows on the briefing chalkboard, your lead is not where the message says he is, or you see any taxi anomalies, please let me know. But there shouldn't be any, fingers crossed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It turns out that just before the update and the campaign was released, Ugra unexpectedly changed the parking position numbers at Kenley.

This resulted in aircraft spawning in random weird locations. So even though your plane is assigned to parking spot 2, it is placed over parking spot 2 in the editor, it spawns at, say, spot 24. 

the missions are still playable once everyone gets airborne, but this messes up the taxi logic, the thumbs up you give your flight lead and all that. 

I had to re-save every group in every mission to fix the problem. I submitted the updates to ED, and I’m hoping they can push them into a hotfix soon. Fingers crossed. 

hey reflected, love the first two missions so far, but im up to mission 3 and the aircraft starting positions issues is still there. i am able to get all the planes to take off if i delete the objects from blocking the way of parking stops 05 and 11. also the player spot is number 43 not 02. thanks and keep up the great work  

1 hour ago, Lone_Hawk_13 said:

hey reflected, love the first two missions so far, but im up to mission 3 and the aircraft starting positions issues is still there. i am able to get all the planes to take off if i delete the objects from blocking the way of parking stops 05 and 11. also the player spot is number 43 not 02. thanks and keep up the great work  

and when do you suppose your campaign was updated with a hotfix? 🙂 There hasn't been a DS patch since.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Reflected said:

and when do you suppose your campaign was updated with a hotfix? 🙂 There hasn't been a DS patch since.

I only brought the campaign 3 days ago, but from reading the above (dated 21 December) and the last dcs patch (28 December) stating that all p-51 spots have been fixed, I guessed that it was fixed. Also on misson 1 the player start spot was incorrect but mission 2 it was correct

7 hours ago, Lone_Hawk_13 said:

I only brought the campaign 3 days ago, but from reading the above (dated 21 December) and the last dcs patch (28 December) stating that all p-51 spots have been fixed, I guessed that it was fixed. Also on misson 1 the player start spot was incorrect but mission 2 it was correct

That's weird, because in the latest version you spawn at the right spot. I just checked again. Are you sure you have the latest version? Also, no mods installed?

Edited by Reflected

7 hours ago, Reflected said:

That's weird, because in the latest version you spawn at the right spot. I just checked again. Are you sure you have the latest version? Also, no mods installed?

Quick update, the problem is fixed so far. Unsure as to what actually fixed the issue with mission 3 but I repaired dcs and reinstalled the campaign and that seemed to fix it. I just want to say thank you for your work on your campaign and it means alot to be able to have an issue and actually get feedback from a developer. So please keep up the great work.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I might be experiencing this in missions 10 and 11. In 10, the letters on the plane to my left don't match the message. After giving the thumbs up he starts to move, but so does every other plane on that side of the field. I was slow to taxi and got blocked in my spot until everyone else took off then forgot to check when in the air, so I don't know if that was a parking spot issue or a livery issue.

On mission 11, all the planes near me are fired up and the soldiers in front of them disappear with the thumbs up, but nobody moves even after I take off and fly a couple laps. There was a plane still parked near the hangars with a truck in front of it that I suspect all the other planes were waiting on.

On 3/10/2024 at 9:13 AM, AGM2017 said:

I might be experiencing this in missions 10 and 11. In 10, the letters on the plane to my left don't match the message. After giving the thumbs up he starts to move, but so does every other plane on that side of the field. I was slow to taxi and got blocked in my spot until everyone else took off then forgot to check when in the air, so I don't know if that was a parking spot issue or a livery issue.

On mission 11, all the planes near me are fired up and the soldiers in front of them disappear with the thumbs up, but nobody moves even after I take off and fly a couple laps. There was a plane still parked near the hangars with a truck in front of it that I suspect all the other planes were waiting on.

OK, I checked, it seems Ugra changed the airfield layout AGAIN, so not just the last 3 but EVERY mission is fundamentally messed up. I reworked all of them now and will submit for the next update - unless, that is, Ugra decides to change things again. I'm beyond furious and will be sending a few emails about this.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...