Feedback Thread Tomcat Hotfix Dec 28th 2023 (now live!)

IronMike

Dear all,

our apologies the changes only make it in now as they did not get pulled for the original patch by accident. The major addition of course is the TARPS pod - which for now is only a visual model. Later we plan on implementing some very basic/ rudimentary gameplay for it.

With this we would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, and of course, as always, would like to thank you for your continued support and kind feedback.

Your Heatblur Team

DCS F-14 Tomcat by Heatblur Simulations

• NEW: Added TARPS pod for both F-14A and F-14B (visual model only) - gameplay features to follow
  • NEW: Added boarding ladder to static and AI aircraft.
  • Added TARPS loadouts. 
  • Adjusted loadout restrictions for TARPS pod.  
  • Fixed broken normals on both -A and -B

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 13

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

3 hours ago, IronMike said:

Dear all,

our apologies the changes only make it in now as they did not get pulled for the original patch by accident. The major addition of course is the TARPS pod - which for now is only a visual model. Later we plan on implementing some very basic/ rudimentary gameplay for it.

With this we would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, and of course, as always, would like to thank you for your continued support and kind feedback.

Your Heatblur Team

DCS F-14 Tomcat by Heatblur Simulations

• NEW: Added TARPS pod for both F-14A and F-14B (visual model only) - gameplay features to follow
  • NEW: Added boarding ladder to static and AI aircraft.
  • Added TARPS loadouts. 
  • Adjusted loadout restrictions for TARPS pod.  
  • Fixed broken normals on both -A and -B

Does this mean we get a hotfix patch today or tomorrow? 

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

12 minutes ago, captain_dalan said:

Does this mean we get a hotfix patch today or tomorrow? 

Wait, I thought it was out already... 😅 My apologies, pre-Christmas stress is getting the better of me. But yes, a hotfix is incoming. 🙂

I adjusted the thread title to avoid confusion.

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• IronMike changed the title to (Preliminary) Feedback Thread Tomcat Hotfix - coming soon!
6 hours ago, IronMike said:

Wait, I thought it was out already... 😅 My apologies, pre-Christmas stress is getting the better of me. But yes, a hotfix is incoming. 🙂

I adjusted the thread title to avoid confusion.

No worries, it's that time of the year, and we are all near then end of our wits for the last 365 days 😆

• Like 1

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

4 hours ago, scommander2 said:

What are the broken normals?  Thanks.

In computer graphics they are vectors used mostly for proper object shading/light reflection.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• IronMike changed the title to Feedback Thread Tomcat Hotfix Dec 28th 2023
  • IronMike changed the title to Feedback Thread Tomcat Hotfix Dec 28th 2023 (now live!)
7 hours ago, sBinnala64 said:

So the TARPS was available for me early in the morning (around 7-8:00 central time), but a few hours later it would not let me equip my tomcat with the TARPS pod.

MP airbase warehouse depleted?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

4 minutes ago, sBinnala64 said:

in the mission editor it wouldn't show up

Remove historical filter - clock icon at the bottom.

4 hours ago, sBinnala64 said:

still wont show up

Screenshot please.